We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chania Advise please!

england
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Chania Advise please!

Hi there,

I have just returned from holiday and am now wondering where to go next year.

My boyfriend and I (32 yrs and 22 yrs) enjoy a relaxing holiday however like it to be fairly lively and stuff going on. We love to relax by the pool or beach in the day then at night potter about a harbour filled with restaurants and classy bars! I cant bare tackiness and lager louts abroad but do enjoy a sophistiated nightlife without the place closing down at 12!

sorry ive rambled on but basically would u advise chania as being an ideal resort for my requirements.

When staying in greece before we have been slightly disappointed by the accomodation standards therefore can anyone recommend a good company and hotel thats not going to cost the earth.

thanks

Sophie

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chania Advise please!

You have picked the right place to go we were in Chania a few years ago and i loved it having been to the oppoisite end of the island in Malia on a girlie hols a few years ago the Chania end of the island is more cultured and more tradional but has modern immenties,we stayed at Kalives a greek working village not far from Chania and we use to get the bus to Chania where there is loads of shops and round the harbour its lovely maybe you would like staying in Chania its self hire a car and go round this most wonderful island the locals are so friendly and helpful.Have a look at the Kosmar brochure and good luck.

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chania Advise please!

In Chania you can find plenty of luxurious accomodation, like traditional houses, hotels etc. Its the most beautiful city of Greece. You will have an excellent time there

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chania Advise please!

Hi

Stayed in Chania last year and I can assure you it is nutcase free, the harbour is lovely and has all the restaurants and bars that you want. I stayed a 5 euro taxi drive from Chania in Kato Doratso at the Sirios hotel, its a very good hotel with two nice pools, clean modern rooms and very good rates (booked through otbeach.com) its also a good place to visit Agia Marina and Platanias. I found most of the holiday makers to be Scandinavian and nice they are too.

All the best

crete
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Chania Advise please!

Hi nemo21,

My recommendation is to stay in Aghia Marina or Platanias village.

Is the nightlife's heart of Chania's area and starts after 24:00!

Nice clubs, coffee shops, tavernas, everything. For accommodation you can find from 5 stars hotels till rooms to rent.

Bye.

Athens
Level Contributor
25 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chania Advise please!

Hi, it's good you're already planning your holidays for next year. My best friends keeps talking about hotel Ammos which is close to chania. It's just been renovated and it has a nice pool with a lovely beach on the front. Also there is another hotel next to that, it's called Kalliston. I wish I could tell you more, maybe when I come back from my august holidays there.

Bye, Sofia

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chania Advise please!

Have you considered Elounda ? I think this would fit your needs. As for accomodation, we have just returned from the Akti Olous hotel and we enjoyed it. However there is plenty to choose from, depending on your budjet, from basic studios to some of the worlds most exclusive hotels.

Have a read of the Elounda site, most people who visit the village return as it has a very special charm.

england
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chania Advise please!

wow! what a great response thank u all for your advise! muh appreciated!

8. Re: Chania Advise please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, September 05, 2009