We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

champagne bar

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
champagne bar

Hi has anyone visited new cafe/champagne bar in evening at Amoundi beach?

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,468 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: champagne bar

Hi Jackie

Yes I visited end of April when it first opened, very popular with the young locals - and when I was in Agios last week it was still very busy, also a good place to stop off for a coffee in the day too.

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: champagne bar

Hi Jackie,

The Champagne Bar and Beach were closed down by the police last Wednesday for 10 days. Apparently there were complaints about noise and sunbeds on the beach taking too much space.

Hopefully it will re-open at the begining of next week and all will be well again.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,468 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: champagne bar

Hi billy

Yes I read that in the Agios blog.... also a problem with the showers I believe too :-( Let's hope they get it all sorted soon :-)

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: champagne bar

Thankyou both Im looking forward to paying a visit in september. MG did you visit what was formally Aquarious bar by chance?

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,468 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: champagne bar

Hi Jackie

Yes I did I sent you a private message a few days ago :-)

It's called zep and a rock and blues bar ...seemed to attract the older tourists .....chatted to the guy who said he owned it who was pleasant but there's no one that I know working in there, but good to be able to sit and chill looking at that view :-) so I am sure we will use it on our next trip

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: champagne bar

Thanks again MG..Ididnt receive your message my email is down!! X

northants
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: champagne bar

Great! I am arriving on Friday7 - anyone know where is the nearest sandy beach if amoundi is closed?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
112 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: champagne bar

Almoudi beach bar is due to reopen this week, but it's not the beach which is closed just the cafe/bar. Music gets louder in the evening but its not really loud till later on. Still a good beach to go to

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,468 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: champagne bar

Hi scoobydo

If you have been to amoundi beach before then you will definitely notice the difference one section of the beach in front and to the side of the new bar has new sun beds and umbrellas..., lovely wooden sunbeds but they do seem to have crammed in a lot more sun beds than there used to be, but in front and to the side of the dolphin taverna is still the same so bit more relaxed :-)

10. Re: champagne bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, June 26, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Agios Nikolaos