We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation recommendation

redcar
Level Contributor
117 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation recommendation

Hi

Going to Ag Nik for a week in a fortnight's time and wondered if anyone could recommend anywhere to stay (BB or SC) which is near to decent bars, tavernas, beach etc. Preferably not to far to walk and preferably not located at the top of a 'cardiac' hill. Not sure what the weather will be like so not sure whether we should have somewhere wilth a pool as opposed to going on the beach.

Happy to be guided by any recommndatoins and any advice would be greatly appeciated. Many thanks in advance.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation recommendation

Hi there

Weather wise you can expect warm sunny days, and reasonably warm in the evenings too....although the further you get into the month of October the cooler it will get in the evenings - so do take a light jacket which you may need.

The sea will be lovely and warm still and warmer than the pools, although we swim in both at this this time of the year ( we are off to Agios on Tuesday :-) )

Accommodation - depend really on how much you want to pay, but you could start by looking at the Lato hotel, a nice flat!! walk :-) into town will take you around 30 mins and its a pretty sea view all the way with pavements too. Its also only five min walk from a lovely sandy beach too...with a couple of bars and tavernas 2 mins max walk.....with a bigger selection of tavernas and bars in town.

http://www.lato-hotel.com.gr/

If you cant get booked into the Lato or don't like the look of the place then do just let me know and I can recommend some other accommodation

redcar
Level Contributor
117 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation recommendation

hi

thank you for your recommendation which would be perfect if only it was s bit closer into the town. we were thinking more on lines of a 5-10 min walk max; we are very lazy on holiday. Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks again in advance

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation recommendation

Hi there

Again it depends on what you want...if you are happy with a view and no pool then look at the Victoria Hotel small family run hotel right near the beach but with a great view and 10 min walk into town.

Two hotels that are right near town - and are next door to each other are the Coral Hotel and the Hermes hotel, I believe that both are AI as well as HB - a bit too big for my taste as I like small Greek family run establishments, but at least you have a variety.

redcar
Level Contributor
117 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation recommendation

hi again,

thanks for you help and will check them out this afternoon. Normally prefer the smaller more authentic places ourselves but at least we have some options.

kind regards

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation recommendation

What a shame you don't want to "walk" in the evening as the Lato is such a lovely hotel.....taxi into town is 5 euros from the Lato, but you do have a good selection 5/6 tavernas within 5/10 min walk from the hotel too :-)

redcar
Level Contributor
117 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation recommendation

I know we must sound really lazy, and the Lato looks beautiful, but don't feel there would be quite enough around to meet our needs (without havign to travel). We are now contemplating perhaps going to Elounda or Sissi as an alternative to Ag Nik, following our 1st week in Stalis and wondered what your recommendations would be as to the resor of these 3 which would most suit our needs; Would like a resort to have a good range or local bars/tavernas, not too hilly, a good smaller hotel/apartment with a pool that is very close to all attractions - will be there from 5th - 12th October

Thanks for your help in advance

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation recommendation

Hi again

To be honest you would be better off with Agios, both Sissi and Elounda are so much smaller than Agios but both very pretty

Towards the end of the season smaller places tend to qet very quiet so if you want a better choice of accommodation, tavernas and bars then Agios would be my choice.

redcar
Level Contributor
117 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation recommendation

Hi

Thanks again and I know your right so Ag Nik it is. I think the Hermes, although bigger than we would have liked, is probably going to meet our needs so unless you have any alternative recommendatoins, with a pool, I will go with that as per your original suggestion.

Kind regards and thanks for all your help

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation recommendation

Hi there

Hermes is right in the centre of Agios but if you can book either HB or B & B at this hotel then I would recommend that you do eat out in the town as there are some wonderful tavernas and so much better than you will get if you go AI

redcar
Level Contributor
117 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation recommendation

Hi there

I can get B&B there so will go for that option as we do want to try the local places and thanks again for all your help. Very much appreciated

Get answers to your questions about Agios Nikolaos