We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Nicolas Bay Hotel

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
St Nicolas Bay Hotel

I'm thinking of booking this hotel for a holiday next summer and would really appreciate any views/advice from anyone who knows the hotel or has stayed before. I'm a solo traveller and have never been to Crete before but am looking for a break in a quiet, relaxing location. Thanks.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Nicolas Bay Hotel

Hi there

I have stayed at this hotel 4/5 times but that's was 7 years ago before we purchased our property in Agios... It's a lovely hotel in a wonderful location and the views are better than on the web site , the hotel is a pleasant safe walk into Agios will take you around 30 min to walk into the very centre of Agios, but there are some lovely tavernas just across the bay from the hotel too.. And a couple of friendly bars too. It's definitely a quiet location and relaxing too in fact some days while lying around the pool you could only hear the sound of the odd motor boat going past ....

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Nicolas Bay Hotel

Thanks for the great advice!

I've taken the plunge and booked for next May! I'm looking forward to it already.

Thanks again

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Nicolas Bay Hotel

Hope you have a great holiday I am sure you will love the hotel, if you would like any recommendations for taverna etc then do just ask :-)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
42 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Nicolas Bay Hotel

I'm staying at St Nicolas Bay this October. Which tavernas do you recommend? Any other recommendations for the area? How long does it take to drive from there to Knossos?

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Nicolas Bay Hotel

Hi there

Lovely hotel and in a beautiful location too… and my favourite area of the town :-)

Driving to Knossos from Agios is pretty straight forward, time wise it will take just under an hour and Knossos is signed posted from the national road

There are some great tavernas in Agios, and these are just a few of my favourites that are located in the same area of Agios as your hotel.

Knossos: A lovely family run taverna – a pleasant 15 min walk from your hotel, Knossos is located nearly opposite the lovely Ammoudi beach in Agios, so come out of your hotel and turn right and follow the bays around, you will see Knossos on your right.

Plato: Another lovely taverna and nearly next door to the Knossos restaurant.

Olgas Taverna : This taverna is located on the road that leads from Agios into Elounda, and opposite Havania beach, it has wonderful views across the sea. From your hotel turn right and then follow the road around to the right (away from the town) past the Mirabello hotel, and the taverna is just around the corner on the left hand side. It’s probably a 15 min walk from your hotel.

Town Tavernas: Again here are just a few of our favourites, these are Avli, Chrisofyllis, Embassy and the restaurant that is opposite the museum in the town, it’s not on Trip advisor so you wont see it listed, but it does probably the best meze . (sorry I don’t know the name of the restaurant)

Have a look on the link below which will give you the location of the above mentioned town tavernas, but most of the restaurants in Agios are very good :

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g189414-Agios_…

San Diego...
Level Contributor
42 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St Nicolas Bay Hotel

Thank you so much for this great information. It sounds like I'll be putting on some weight on Crete!

7. Re: St Nicolas Bay Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Agios Nikolaos
Recent Conversations