We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire

scotland
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
car hire

anyone thats stayed at the hera recommend a good local car hire company! -

davie

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire

Hi Davie

They are all much of a muchness with little to choose between any of them. Don't be put off from hiring from a local outfit, rather than one of the big boys like Avis and Hertz. Cars tend to be well maintained and reliable. I'd suggest having a wander round as there are loads of hire firms, collect a few of the leaflets they all hand out, narrow it down to 2 or 3, then go back and strike a deal. Most will haggle to a point, rather than lose you to a competitor.

Surrey
Level Contributor
17 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire

I used First Choice in May. Booked online £149 for a week for a Seat (don't know what the model was but it wabout the same size as a Ford Focus). Only 3000 miles on the clock. Picked up from the airport. My only complaint was that it was provided with a full tank of petrol for which they charged 65 euros. We drove into the mountains and went for the scenic drive along the coast to Sitea and obviously used the car for transfers. This used us most of the fuel so I didn't feel too ripped off. Saying that the drive to Sitea was partly because we still had half a tank of petrol!!

Good luck and I hope you have a great holiday - Crete is just beautiful.

Sue

scotland
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire

thank you all!! -we are away in september and are counting the days already! by the way was sitea nice? and can you recommend any other towns/villages /areas worth a visit.

much obliged

davie

4. Re: car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, August 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Agios Nikolaos
Recent Conversations