We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting from airport

uk
Level Contributor
183 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
getting from airport

has anyone used the public shuttle transfer to Amouara [herakilion] is it easy to find and also about the return to the airport, as we dont seem to have a lot of info.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,117 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting from airport

Hi

I'm not sure if you mean Ammoudara in Heraklion, or the one in Heraklion. Seeing your other post I thought it was Ag. Nik, but now I'm not so sure.

Anyway, the distances to both from Heraklion airport are as follows: the one near Heraklion is about 10km away, the one near Ag. Nik is about 60-65km.

Do you mean getting the public bus, or have you booked a shared shuttle?

uk
Level Contributor
183 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting from airport

Hi staying at blue marine resort and spa if that any help thanks

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,406 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting from airport

Hi there

Now you have said the Blue Marine its a bit clearer :-)

Blue Marine is in Ammoudara which is just outside of Agios Nikolaos, the hotel is located 10 mins drive from the town of Agios, but is much nearer the village of Istron.

Not quite sure what type of transfer you have booked, do you mean the bus service?? or one of resort transport companies, e.g. resort hoppa etc...

Edited: 4:17 pm, April 18, 2012
uk
Level Contributor
183 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting from airport

the resort hoppa

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,406 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: getting from airport

Hi there

I havent used it as we hire a car, but my sister did use it when staying in Agios last year, she didnt have a problem at the airport and they collected her from her hotel...with regards to timings, it really depends on how many people the coach has to drop off...and also wait for at the airport.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,117 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: getting from airport

Hi

Sorry about the duplicate Heraklions in my first post :)

Resorthoppa should tell you how to meet up at the airport. I should think they would have a desk somewhere - there is a long line of them outside arrival - but if they haven't told you, i would e-mail and ask them. I would have thought you should also have some sort of paperwork about the return as well.

7. Re: getting from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:40 pm, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Agios Nikolaos
Recent Conversations