We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current rate for a taxi from Heraklion to Agios Nikolaos

v0s
Amsterdam
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Current rate for a taxi from Heraklion to Agios Nikolaos

Hi, does anyone know what the current rate for a taxi from the airport to the center of Agios is ? We would of course also need a taxi back to the airport a 10 days later: is my assumption that this will be more or less the same price correct ?

Thanks,

C

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current rate for a taxi from Heraklion to Agios Nikolaos

it will cost you about 90,00 euro each way. Why not consider renting a car for the 10 days, with delivery and collection at the airport

http://www.eurocars-crete.com/

Edited: 2:29 am, July 19, 2011
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,476 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current rate for a taxi from Heraklion to Agios Nikolaos

Hi there

If you are arriving/leaving during the day why dont you think about using the bus service from the airport to Agios, or you could use one of the airport bus shuttle companies, e.g. A2b transfers there are lots of companies just google them and ask for a quote.

v0s
Amsterdam
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Current rate for a taxi from Heraklion to Agios Nikolaos

Thanks for the info. We have not taken a taxi to Agios for the last 5-10 years (always rent cars), so good to know taxi's are even more expensive than we expected :-) We will definitely keep our rental-car reservation, even though we probably will not use the car half of our stay.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,476 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current rate for a taxi from Heraklion to Agios Nikolaos

Hi vOs

Unfortunately the increase is taxi fares is because of the increase in petrol prices, expect to pay around 1.78 per litre

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,734 posts
1,685 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current rate for a taxi from Heraklion to Agios Nikolaos

Car rental us definitely the way to go...

nottingham england
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Current rate for a taxi from Heraklion to Agios Nikolaos

anyone know bar ajoining the lake ,side of taxi rank agios nikolas

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,476 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current rate for a taxi from Heraklion to Agios Nikolaos

Hi there

I think you mean Alexandros Roof Gardens, the entrance to the bar is opposite the taxi rank and the bar is on the roof of an apartment block that overlooks the lake

Manchester
Level Contributor
2 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Current rate for a taxi from Heraklion to Agios Nikolaos

Has anyone used A2b taxi's?

I've booked them end of September from Airport to Ag Nik, but my partner has gone mental because I've paid upfront by card online. He said am naive!

Are they reliable?

9. Re: Current rate for a taxi from Heraklion to Agios Nikolaos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, October 10, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Agios Nikolaos