We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunlight hotel crete

gloucestershire
4 posts
Save Topic
sunlight hotel crete

I will staying at the sunlight hotel in crete this July(2005) and would like to know any information that might be useful whilst staying there? also what is the hotel like?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunlight hotel crete

Hello.

I have stayed at the Sunlight twice and a friend of mine 4 times in 3 years. It is situated a little out of town quite high up and has scenery that has to be seen to be believed, I was literally gobsmacked! The rooms are quite basic but very clean and everything you would need. They are air conditioned for I think 6Euros a night (when I stayed). The rooms I've had were twins with a bathroom and a large balcony overlooking the sea of Crete and the Minoan goat preserve. You could spend the day watching the boats coming in and out of the harbour; very relaxing. The owner's son George is a star and the pool bar lady (Jayne) has become a very good friend.

In the town you can have a big night or a quite night, there is something for every mood. For a big night try Aquirius, Alexandros (Roof Top) and finish the night at Sorrentos.

For an authentic meal have a drink at Jollies Bar then go next door to Portes for the best mezze style dish at the best prices.

As you can tell I highly recommend resort as a whole. I hope you have a good time and say hello to Jayne, say the boys from Stockport miss her!!

Mentioned in this post
Crete
Crete
Greece
Brighton
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sunlight hotel crete

Just got back from Ag Nik a couple of weeks ago and have booked to return in July 2005. I second what was said above! I like it so much I'm going back on my own this time around. Definitely give Alexandros' a go!

NZ
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: sunlight hotel crete

You might also want to have a look at the hotel website www.sunlighthotel.gr

Get answers to your questions about Agios Nikolaos