We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester flights 2015

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Manchester flights 2015

Have Monarch stopped flying from Manchester to Chania? just looking at flight prices for next year and it is not returning any

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12,264 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchester flights 2015

Monarch are re-shaping their business and concentrating on scheduled flights. I'm afraid things are up in the air at the moment, not just for Chania, also lots of other destinations. I guess the advice is watch this space.

More info here:

worldairlinenews.com/2014/…

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchester flights 2015

Thanks for that Steve. I asked on the Monarch Facebook page and got the following response

Hi Lynn, thanks for your question. The review for this route is not yet complete. We are planning to complete the review in the autumn. Further flights may be released for sale as the review is finalised. I hope this clarifies for you.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
32 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchester flights 2015

Hi dew1nter,

unsure if this might interest you, but I see that thomson is still planning their tuesday flights but at a very high cost in comparison to aegean airlines. If you are willing to fly via athens, you can get a bargain if you book now. (£140 return onwards depending on the days)

take care :-)

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchester flights 2015

Hi AndersBerge, Yes the Thomspon flight is still running but as usual expensive! Monarch was even more so expensive last year. I will take a look at your idea of via Athens thank you :)

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manchester flights 2015

Have a look at this thread from earlier today. It might give you a better idea of what's going on at Monarch.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189452-i9710-k7…

Hopefully they will be getting their act together by the end of this month.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manchester flights 2015

Thanks for the link peterdh

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manchester flights 2015

Monarch now seem to have loaded their S15 schedules onto the website.

They aren't flying to Chania but are providing flights to Heraklion from MAN by the looks of it. Interestingly when you enquire about flights to HER on the Monarch website you get the choice of either a Small Planet or a Monarch flight but both seem to be leading you to a booking with Avro rather than with Monarch themselves. Avro are currently a Monarch company as are Cosmos but who knows what the future may hold for both companies?

Prices for July look reasonable too. I'd have another look if I were you dew1nter. Leeds Crete flights have been dropped by the looks of it. I'm hoping that there may still be flights to load but not hopeful.

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manchester flights 2015

You can book Jet2 from Leeds to Crete.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manchester flights 2015

qatarman I want to fly to Chania not Heraklion. Shame though as the flights there are much cheaper

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12,264 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manchester flights 2015

By far the cheapest ways to get to Chania are to use Aegean via Athens, sometimes you can get a flight which has a very small wait in Athens so it doesn't take much longer than a direct, or travel to Leeds Bradford and take Ryanair direct to Chania.