We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices

North Yorks
Level Contributor
270 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Prices

Coming to Crete in August staying in Agia Marine and planning our budget. Could anyone advice what prices are like for the following

Large Local Beer

Carafe of local wine

Gyros

Greek main course e.g moussaka, kleftico, Greek plate.

Visited Tigaki in Kos last year just wondered how it compares.

Much appreciated

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,448 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices

I went to Tigaki last year and Agia Marina the year before. I don't think you will find any noticeable difference in prices between the two places in restaurants. Spirits are a lot more expensive to buy in the shops in Crete than in Kos, so that may be reflected in the price of cocktails etc., but I'm not in the habit of buying them so I can't really say.

North Yorks
Level Contributor
270 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices

Thanks Steve, think I took your advice last year before our trip to Tigaki. Looks like we have the same taste in holiday destination. Do you have any tips?

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,448 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices

Hi

Have a look at this thread for all sorts of places to go, plenty of photos from stanbr and myself:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189415-i714-k66…

PS Have you ever been to Skiathos lol (I went there earlier this year!) and we're off to Crete in August (Hersonnisos, a compromise for our 15 year old)

4. Re: Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 27, 2014