We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First week of May

UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
First week of May

Hi, I've found a great deal for first week of May but hubby has concerns this time of year isn't that hot. I know no one has a crystal ball and the weather will be what it'll be, but has anyone been early May? Average May temps according to a google search says about 20-22 and cool evenings.

I'm stuck between Crete and Egypt (where it might be too hot for my 2 year old!!!) would really appreciate any advice! Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
15,857 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First week of May

Many thanks, Gerlion and Steve! It's so nice to wake up to such kind words. :-)

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First week of May

Well done indeed Alabastron, it's amazing how quickly those posts accumulate when you're having fun. Having you and Steve aboard as DEs has so drastically increased the breadth of knowledge available here for posters, I firmly believe we have the best DE and regular team of any Greek forum here

London, United...
Level Contributor
15,857 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: First week of May

Thank you very much, GB.

Yes, you're right that we're a good team. And a good balance: between us we cover just about the whole of Crete. I'm certainly having fun! I like to write about the south west: when I'm not there it's a sort of solace for not being there; and if it gets others interested in this wonderful but still little-frequented area, that's a bonus. I'm always pleased when someone asks about it.

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
10,599 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: First week of May

Thank you for the link Alabastron....have saved it to my favourites so I can follow the situation :-)

Oh and congratulations too....7,000 posts :-) :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
15,857 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: First week of May

Thank you MG. 7,000 + posts - I talk too much! But not solely/entirely about Crete. :0)

I'm still glowing at Steve's compliment ("reeling" would be more accurate). I think we're all super DEs, actually. Thanks again, Steve: I do appreciate it.

Edited: 1:03 pm, March 30, 2013
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,448 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: First week of May

Well, it's no more than you deserve :)

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
10,599 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: First week of May

Well said Steve :-) Here Here!!! :-) :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
15,857 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: First week of May

Thanks so much, both of you! (Still reeling/glowing.) :-)))

19. Re: First week of May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 01, 2014