We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather now

england
Level Contributor
197 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Weather now

looking for a last minute holiday for Good Friday, 7 nights. I have checked the weather for Crete and it seems approx 20 degrees over that time. From experience i know the temp shown on the web is often cooler than what it really is. Could anyone tell me what temps you are actually expericencing at the moment. Thank you

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
10,597 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather now

Hi there

This early in the season the weather can change dramatically from day to day...however I have spoken to a couple of greek friends over the last couple of days and the weather has been lovely and warm, sitting in the sunshine and got a bit of a tan too....but this could change tomorrow.

I always use the BBC weather web site...and its always accurate heres the link for the next fews days

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/6299488

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,597 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather now

Hi Again

Sorry forgot to mention...where are you staying?? dont forget that the season hasnt offically started yet, so you dont want to end up in a ghost resort!! ...as many of the tourist resorts close down for the winter and dont open again until the first week of May.

england
Level Contributor
197 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather now

Thank you for your reply. I havent booked yet, i am trawling the net and there is hardly anything about. Easy Jet have a few so going through the destinations to see a) what the weather is like b) as long as its warmer than here a place with plenty to sight see

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather now

Anywhere in Crete will be warmer than anywhere here for sure. Even if you have a day or two of rain or winds, it'll still be warmer. I always ask myself, "what would I rather be doing, looking out of a pub window in England at the rain, or sitting in a bar in Crete doing the same". I always come to the same conclusion...;0)

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,597 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather now

As GB says it has to be warmer than here!!! and a great time to travel around too ...but if you do book in Crete just make sure that you book somewhere that has an all year round population.e.g. Agios Nikolaos, Rethymnon, Chania and Sitia...where everything will be open :-)

Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
2,536 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather now

Hi

Reporting from Rethymnon, the weather is indeed very warm, especially during the day. We got south warm winds. A few here wear just a t-shirt. It gets a bit chillier at nights depending the place.

I can tell you every day the weather if you want. Just ask me

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather now

A friend of mine in Sissi wrote that it was 28C yesterday even though the Heraklion official forecast was only 20. Even 20 would be good!

Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather now

I'd love to get your daily weather update! I'm goin to crete next Tuesday - can't wait. Staying in anissaras x

Heraklion, Greece
Level Contributor
18 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather now

the weather is going to be just fine :)

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,597 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather now

Hi Again

Just be prepared for the possibility of bad weather...we are due to travel to Crete on the 30th April and I will still make sure that I do take something warm for the evenings and also there is still a possibility of rain...we travel to Crete at this time every year....and for the last few years its been fine during the day..but it can stil be cold at night.