We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malia, 3rd June, am I too old for this

Stoke on Trent
11 posts
Save Topic
Malia, 3rd June, am I too old for this

My self and my friend have just booked a late deal to Malia for June 3rd for 1 week - i am 32 she is 24 - after reading the reviews i am scared!!!!!!! is it as manic as it sounds......dont get me wrong - i like to party but also like a nice chilled night with a nice meal and wine? also whats the weaterh like in June - i love to chill with a beer....we staying in the Stellios Apartments??????

HELP!!!!!any advice????

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malia, 3rd June, am I too old for this

I wouldn't have thought that Malia would be as manic in early June as it is in July and August, however, if you do find it a bit much get a cab to the next resort of Stalis (just a few Kms away) which is much more geared up to couples and families but with plenty of bars and restaurants to suit most tastes.

Stoke on Trent
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Malia, 3rd June, am I too old for this

thanks for your relpy - i should have done my research before booking - i didnt realise that there were other lively resorts so close in crete.....i think that other resort is much more my taste.....does it cost much in a cab?

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Malia, 3rd June, am I too old for this

it cost us 10 euro,we stayed in stalis and went to malia for the night,quickly came back tho.you can walk into stalis,wont take that long if you just go to the malia end of stalis.well worth it.stalis is a lovely place.we usually go in mid june and the weather is lovely

Stoke on Trent
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Malia, 3rd June, am I too old for this

wish i had booked the Stalis part now....ah well never mind am sure we will have a good time and like you say its only a short walk or cab journey....

it sound like Malia is for the wild wacky teens......perhaps i need to pretend i am 21 again.....

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malia, 3rd June, am I too old for this

Hi there

Bear in mind that there is the old village of Malia that has existed long before the resort sprang up along the beach. It's possible to find relative peace and quiet in the old village as well as way better places to eat and drink away from the party crowd. Stalis is close by and is easy to get to by bus or cab - it's way quieter than Malia but has a great beach and is more geared towards families and couples.

At 32 you're hardly "over the hill" and even if you did venture into the heart of Malia resort, you'll soon see where all the terminal alcoholics are and can easily avoid those bars.

Stoke on Trent
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Malia, 3rd June, am I too old for this

thanks for that.....we are staying in the old part of Malia so i suppose thats good - think i will venture in to stalis though it sounds a better chilled out place.......am staying at the stellios apartments have you heard about them? you seem to know crete well....

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malia, 3rd June, am I too old for this

Hi again

I'm sure that if you Google the apartments' name, you'll get plenty of reviews and possibly some photos.

london
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Malia, 3rd June, am I too old for this

wow - i am going to stalis on 30 may with my 24 year old friend and i am 33 so share your worries!

i have been to malia although it was about 8 years ago and it is very lively but its like anything - its what you make of it - there are plenty of nice places that you can go nearby to make the most of your holiday - maybe we should meet up?!

You're in the sunshine so don't worry about it!

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Malia, 3rd June, am I too old for this

if you google the apartments make sure you put the stelios apts malia as there are the stelios stalis apts in stalis and people often get mixed up with this.we stay at the stelios stalis apts and they are great.dont know anything about the ones you will be staying in

Loughborough, UK
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Malia, 3rd June, am I too old for this

Stalis is walkable from Malia, 15-20 mins maybe, I stayed at the Alexander beach hotel and we walked to Malia a few times for the beach or an evening meal, I doubt the taxi would be expensive. I have been in mid May and Early June, Malia was livelier in June but certainly not manic. Stalis is quieter and has nice places to eat and drink rather than clubs and uninspiring pubs in Malia. But Malia beach is quite nice and not too busy in May or June.