We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sougia accommodation

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
220 reviews
Sougia accommodation

We are looking for recommendations of accommodation in Sougia. We will be there in late September, will it be be necessary to book well in advance?

thanks

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Sougia accommodation

Yes please - any recommendations would be welcome. I will be visiting Sougia for a few days next month. Never been before so will be relying on the Rough Guide - unless there are other replies to these posts.

Eros - what sort of place are you looking for? Will give my thoughts on tavernas, rooms etc when I return at the end of May. Based on my past experiences in other parts of Crete you would get somewhere in late September so it shouldn't be necessary to book.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Sougia accommodation

I have stayed at the Afrodite several times.

It is a clean, basic place in a good location.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
220 reviews
3. Re: Sougia accommodation

Hey Weeman,

We are interested in studios or apartments. If they are near the beach even better.

thanks

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Sougia accommodation

Hi Eros

Nowhere in Sougia is more than 500yds from the beach.

Afrodite is about 100yds from the beach, 50 yds from a couple of tavernas & the supermarket. It is a very small village. If you care to look I have some photos posted of Sougia in my contributions.

Send me a personal message if you want some detailed information about the area.

5. Re: Sougia accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, September 24, 2009