We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunlight beach studios Georgioupolis

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
38 reviews
84 helpful votes
sunlight beach studios Georgioupolis
Save

hi has anyone been to these apartmemts??? if so what are they like????

is the beach good there????

thanks

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
38 reviews
84 helpful votes
1. Re: sunlight beach studios Georgioupolis
Save

anyone???

Killarney, Ireland
Level Contributor
309 posts
3 reviews
9 helpful votes
2. Re: sunlight beach studios Georgioupolis
Save

I refer you to my previous answer...........you are welcome.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
38 reviews
84 helpful votes
3. Re: sunlight beach studios Georgioupolis
Save

thanks

but has anyone been to or seen these studios, have booked for tues and am a bit worried as cant find any reviews

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
38 reviews
84 helpful votes
4. Re: sunlight beach studios Georgioupolis
Save

thanks

but has anyone been to or seen these studios, have booked for tues and am a bit worried as cant find any reviews

PAIGNTON
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: sunlight beach studios Georgioupolis
Save

Hi there I am sure these will be fine Geogioupolis is a lovely place and the people are friendly so friendly its fab if you have children then they will be welcome with open arms

We are in Georioupolis on the 26th June we are staying at Taverna

Rodaria we have stayed in Georgioupolis 3 times now and have never been dissapointed the beach is fine most apartment in this village are well built and comfatable so dont worry

Remember just chill and enjoy Crete is all about relaxing

PAIGNTON
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
6. Re: sunlight beach studios Georgioupolis
Save

Found some info on the place in Kosmar mag hope it helps xx

Overview:

Set right on the golden sands of Georgioupolis Beach, these new spacious studios and apartments are only a 4-5 minute walk to the village centre. The Sunlight offers twin bedded studios for up to 3 people and a twin bedded apartment for up to 4 people, (the extra bed being a sofa bed or chair bed) all with air conditioning and a safety deposit box (both payable locally). Two of the studios are located above the reception, one apartment is above the snack bar and some rooms are situated on the lower ground floor. There is a family-run snack bar on-site and the nearest tavernas and supermarkets are only a couple of minutes walk away. Due to the number of steps in this property, it may not be suitable for those with walking difficulties.

All with: private shower/bath/wc, kitchenette, private or shared balcony/patio, use of Paradise Pool.

uckfield, east...
2 posts
7. Re: sunlight beach studios Georgioupolis
Save

Hi,

Just got back from a fab week staying in Georgioupolis and staying at the Sunlight Beach Studios. The entire week was fab and I can't fault it. Sunlight Beach Studios were spotlessly clean and very comfortable, set right on the beach so all rooms had magnificent views from the balconies.

We had a minor problem with the shower one evening, and reported it to the owner - it was fixed within 10 minutes, that is how good it is!

While set right on the beach and above it's own taverna the studios are very quiet at all times, especially as the law doesn't permit loud music after 11pm. There is however, the Sunlight Music Bar in the square that closes it's doors after this time and caters for those that want to boogie the night away.

The resort is quiet, more of a village but gorgeous and caters excellently for tourists will still retaining it's Cretan charm, set at the base of the mountains but right in the beach - stunning views all round.

I think it is still fairly new as a 'resort' therefore everything is new and clean. Having said that there isn't any building work going at all to speak off, so hopefully the village will not be ruined and become too commercial.

We will return here, it is wonderful.

essex
1 post
8. Re: sunlight beach studios Georgioupolis
Save

Hi

Just noticed your message - we are booked to go to the Sunlight Beach studios August 2008. Did you go and what were the apartments like? Was the beach good?

Brennie

uckfield, east...
2 posts
9. Re: sunlight beach studios Georgioupolis
Save

Hi Lauren,

You'll have a great time at the Sunlight Beach Studios in Georgioupolis! I stayed there last July and had one of the best holidays ever! The apartment block is quite new I think and is spotlessly clean, while some may say it is basic (you couldn't cook a three course meal in the room!), it was very comfortable with all that you could need and very quiet at all times, despite the apartments being above or behind the taverna (the food at which is excellent), safety deposit box in room and aircon payable locally but very cheap. The block is right on the beach and all apartments have sea views to one side and a mountain view to the other so you get the best of both worlds.

The beach is lovely, very long and sandy, a little narrow in places but that is not a problem as there is plenty of spaces and sunbeds to go round. Each bit of beach is tended to by the waiters at each apartment block so you don't even have to leave the beach to get a drink if you don't want to.

The village is absolutely charming and packed with excellent tavernas and bars. It is a quiet village but has everything that you could possibly want and at the same time it retains it's original Cretan charm.

I'd return in a heartbeat and would insist on staying at the Sunlight Beach Apartments!

Shropshire
1 post
10. Re: sunlight beach studios Georgioupolis
Save

Going to stay at Sunlight Beach Studios in June 2008 and can hardly wait. Stayed at Paradise in 2006 and tried to book to go there again but I think we tried too early, they are on sale now. We found the paradise studios excellent and I am sure that we won't be dissappointed with the Sunlight. The local people in Georgioupolis are so friendly and the resort is lovely with a great beach. I'm so excited can't wait.

One thing, I don't think we should be telling too many people about this lovely place or they will all want to go and then it will be difficult to find vacancies for us. That's a bit selfish, but it is that good.

P.S. Didn't have a bad meal there. All the tavernas are Great.

H & J