We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"AutoRentals Crete" has anyone used this firm?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
149 posts
12 reviews
6 helpful votes
"AutoRentals Crete" has anyone used this firm?
Save

Hello i am searching to rent a car in heraklion airport in August and i know that the cheapest always has some dangers (insurances issues, deposits, hidden costs, etc).

Has anyone used 'AutoRentals Crete" firm?

Sutherland Shire...
Level Contributor
3,288 posts
57 reviews
86 helpful votes
61. Re: "AutoRentals Crete" has anyone used this firm?
Save

Would anyone know if they are not open on Saturdays or have a minimum number of days the cars can be booked for?

I'm checking on the site and have put in my pickup date as Thurs 6 June - I want to drop the car on Saturday 8 June but I only get the option to drop it on the Sunday 9th.

Thanks

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
44,544 posts
458 reviews
3,715 helpful votes
62. Re: "AutoRentals Crete" has anyone used this firm?
Save

They are open on a Saturday and I would just drop them an e mail about the dates you are looking for.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
149 posts
12 reviews
6 helpful votes
63. Re: "AutoRentals Crete" has anyone used this firm?
Save

they are open 24/7, so you don't have any problem. Have you used reservation form? you can also contact them via this link and Dimitris will reply to you

https://www.autorentals-crete.gr/en/reservation.php

Sutherland Shire...
Level Contributor
3,288 posts
57 reviews
86 helpful votes
64. Re: "AutoRentals Crete" has anyone used this firm?
Save

Thanks for that, I'll contact Dimitris.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
14 helpful votes
65. Re: "AutoRentals Crete" has anyone used this firm?
Save

I used Autorental in Jan 2019. The service was great. Yani (John) met us with a sign at Iraklios airport and he showed us to our car (a very clean manual shift Hyundai i20 only 6 months old - very fun to drive around both cities and rural towns of Crete). I'd used this company again next visit. Also, I highly recommend coming in winter - we enjoyed reasonable weather (light jacket) but the low tourist numbers made our trip especially enjoyable and the hospitality of local Cretan people all over but especially in rural towns was wonderful!

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
132 reviews
90 helpful votes
66. Re: "AutoRentals Crete" has anyone used this firm?
Save

I looked them up and tried to do an online booking for a 3-day hire - but their online form autoselects a minimum of 5 days, so I'll look elsewhere.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,544 posts
458 reviews
3,715 helpful votes
67. Re: "AutoRentals Crete" has anyone used this firm?
Save

I just replied on your other thread haha :-) It is worth dropping them an e mail as sometimes they can still fit you in depending on the cross-over days for longer term rents if you know what I mean.

Europe
Level Contributor
798 posts
8 reviews
2 helpful votes
68. Re: "AutoRentals Crete" has anyone used this firm?
Save

Autorentals don't accept short rental bookings on their system, best look at the other car hire firms recommended here. We left our booking with Autorentals too late for last September, so would advise booking well in advance.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,544 posts
458 reviews
3,715 helpful votes
69. Re: "AutoRentals Crete" has anyone used this firm?
Save

Their minimum rental period is three days so if there is a blip with the online booking drop them a line (I would drop them a line anyway) :-)

Almere, The...
Level Contributor
923 posts
83 reviews
97 helpful votes
70. Re: "AutoRentals Crete" has anyone used this firm?
Save

I am sure Dimitris will help you if you sent him a mail: info@autorentals-crete.gr or fill in the contact form. He is the best so i suggest to try it anyway. He helped us for 5 years now and I am sure many will follow. He will give you an excellent car and service. Tips for trips are given for free and with love. We always followed his tips and never regret.

Enjoy Crete!

© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.