We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip from Patras to Delphi

Poland
3 posts
Save Topic
Trip from Patras to Delphi

Is any public transport from Patras to Delphi? I have found only Patras-Amfissa and Patras-Itea connection by bus. Is it in those towns transport to Delphi? Bus, car rental or taxi? Do you know any place to stay in Amfissa for one night? And how about back from Patras to Athens? Is that possible?

Thanks for your advice...

Belgium
Level Contributor
779 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip from Patras to Delphi

There is no direct bus from Patras to Delphi.

You take the bus to Itea (the Patras-Amfissa bus stops in Itea too) and change buses there for Delphi.

Buses Patras-Athens are very frequent, but if you want to go from Delphi to Athens, you do not have to go via Patras.

Direct buses to Athens leave Delphi at 05.30 (exc. Sun.), 07.30 (Sun. only), 09.00, 11.00, 13.30, 16.00, 18.00, 21.00h.

Euro 10,20 one way per person.

Trip takes 3 hours.

Poland
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip from Patras to Delphi

Thanks Chinagaser for your reply!

I understood that is connection from Amfissa to Delphi. I think it's better go from Patras, where I will be for few days, to Delphi then from Patras to Athens and via Athens to Delphi :)

But I wonder about bus from Amfissa (or Itea) to Delphi. Just can't find it...

Belgium
Level Contributor
779 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip from Patras to Delphi

The bus from Amfissa to Delphi is the bus Amfissa-Athens which stops in Delphi.

It leaves Amfissa at 05:00, 08:30, 10:30, 13:00, 15:30, 17:30.

But I repeat, if you come from Patras you do not have to go all the way up to Amfissa. You can get off at Itea and there take the bus to Delphi.

And yes, of course, when you are in Patras you do not have to go the Athens and then to Delphi. Patras-Itea-Delphi is the best/quickest route.

Poland
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip from Patras to Delphi

Many Thanks!

If is better to make a stop at Itea I will do it. Thanks for your advice.