We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delphi weather in late March - please help:-)

Gdansk
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Delphi weather in late March - please help:-)

Hello!

Could anyone help me. I will be ine Athens in late March (after 20th), I was thinking about a trip to Delphi, but found out that in all hotles is still a winter season:-( So does anyone know what weather should I expect? It's very important for me:-)

Thanks

Maraska

Lux
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Delphi weather in late March - please help:-)

Cold 4°-13° (average), some rain.

H2

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,928 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delphi weather in late March - please help:-)

. . .in Delphi. It's a mountainous area.

Athens though will be warmer.

Normal temps for the season are 12C - 18C. Low is at night, high at the middle of the day :)

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,537 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Delphi weather in late March - please help:-)

Nick will know more than me on this, so hopefully he will add to my post:

As Mt Parnassos, where Delphi is situated, is a ski center, hotels will be open throughout the winter. I don't know what the room availability situation will be.

Skiing takes place about 1,500-2,000m higher up the mountain, so temperatures in Delphi will be considerably warmer than at the ski center. You could be lucky and visit during a warm, pleasant March. Personally I would rather tour ancient sites when it is cool than during the hot summer months.

Gdansk
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Delphi weather in late March - please help:-)

Thank You very much. I was afraid to see something about 4 degree:-) brrr

So would You rather recommed going south on Peloponesse? Would it be warmer there? It should be but maybe I'm wrong??

thanks

Maraska

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,537 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Delphi weather in late March - please help:-)

Maraksa, the distance in a straight line between Delphi and Nafplion in the Peloponnese is only about 110km, so there won't be much difference in temperature.

That 4C you are worried about will be at night when you will be indoors, probably tucked up in bed. During the day, when you are out and about, expect tempertures to reach around 15C. That's not bad for March, certainly a lot warmer than Poland.

I'm afraid nowhere in Greece is much warmer than that during March. According to www.weatherbase.com, average high temperature for March is 15C in Athens, and 16C in both Rhodes and Heraklion, Crete.

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,108 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delphi weather in late March - please help:-)

As everywhere on the world,weather is quite messed up last years,so a forecast is never easy. But in general, you will face very very rarely snow,wind or heavy rain in Delphi,even during December or January. I think during March, weather in Delphi may get a bit chilly after late afternoon and during the night, but will be warm enough during day to walk around even in a long-sleeve T-shirt. So don't worry so much about that!

Concernening the accomondation, 99.9% of Delphi hotels are open all year. I think there would be availiability on March,so pre-booking is not necessary, but it's good to do a research through net to see what is the best option to you according to location,rates, other requirements you may have.

Note that most of the hotels in Delphi are B&B, only 4-5 can provide full board,(that's not a problem as there are a lot of restaurants/tavernas around) and there are not really luxury hotels there. If you mention your budget etc,I may help with some sugestions!

Gdansk
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Delphi weather in late March - please help:-)

Thank You very much again. I think I will go to Delfi, and stop bothering the weather. What will be, will be. Most important I will be in Greece:-)

Any way I don't need anything expensive and B&B is perfect for me especially in Greece. Even my 3-years old son wants to go to Greece as "they have there restaurants with meet on a stick":-)

I have just thought about one more thing but maybe I will start a new topic.

thank's

Maraska

Delphi
13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Delphi weather in late March - please help:-)

http://meteo.gr/cf.asp?city_id=100

Delphi's 48 hours forecast (and 4-6 days, but...)

delphi-greece.blogspot.com

9. Re: Delphi weather in late March - please help:-)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, October 07, 2009