We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

overnight ferry from santorini

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
overnight ferry from santorini

I'm thinking of taking the overnight ferry from Santorini to Piraeus F/B Prevelis). It leaves at 00:20 and arrives 9:10. We're taking a flight out of Athens at 7PM the same day. Is this a good idea?

Or is it better to take the superjet or fast ferry (Hellenic Seaways) the day before and just stay an extra night in Athens before flying out?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,806 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: overnight ferry from santorini

Would not be my choice. the 'Preveli' is a long route ferry thus if anything goes wrong you have no chance of another.

I would choose the earlier Bluestar at 15:30 and overnight in Piraeus/Athens. The Bluestar is large, modern and reliable and reasonably priced.

If you want a fast ferry at twice the price then the Highspeed 6 is much better than the small Superjet, 6 hours on that is not fun in rough sea.

Edited: 6:22 am, May 10, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: overnight ferry from santorini

the preveli is ok, the cabins are ok...

i have been on her and the blue stars,

problem with anek lines preveil is that she can get delayed chugging around the islands but even if she was delayed by 5 - 6 hours you would still make your flight ok...

the cost of a cabin on preveli is same as a decent hotel in athens

3. Re: overnight ferry from santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 28, 2014