We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Piraeus to Naxos - Sunday 27 June

Wilmslow
Level Contributor
37 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Piraeus to Naxos - Sunday 27 June

We are planning to get the Hellenic Seaways fast ferry from Piraeus to Naxos on Sunday 27 June. We do not want to book tickets in advance in case our flight is delayed and we do not make it to Piraeus in time for the 16.30 sailing. Hellenic Seaways are being very unhelpful - they have advised us to go to prebook and go to their ticket office in Piraeus to collect tickets. However, they then state that their ticket office is CLOSED on Sundays! Is it essential that we prebook tickets at this time of year or can we take the chance of buying tickets on arrival?

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Piraeus to Naxos - Sunday 27 June

I'd take the chance. It's highly unlikely that there will be an influx of travellers on a Sunday of all days, and if worse came to worst, all it means it that you have to stay in Athens an extra day.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
678 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Piraeus to Naxos - Sunday 27 June

We will be travelling from Piraeus on Sunday too, we normally buy ferry tickets at the dockside kiosk.

I would agree with Tinsey and say take the chance.

Wilmslow
Level Contributor
37 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Piraeus to Naxos - Sunday 27 June

Thanks. Where is the ticket kiosk? Is it near the quay that the ferry departs from? It's years since I've been to Piraeus!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Piraeus to Naxos - Sunday 27 June

Why don't you just book your tickets online (and pay with credit card) through an agency that has a branch at the airport 24/7 ... there are 2 of them Amphitrion and Pacific Travel. The ticket price is fixed by govt. there may be a 'convenience fee" of 1€ per ticket. Then you can pick up your tickets on your way out the door in 30 seconds; while one of you goes to hail a taxi, the other can grab the tickets. no need to bother with either the Hellenic office OR a dockside agency. It will save those precious minutes, so taxi can zoom right up to the ferry.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Piraeus to Naxos - Sunday 27 June

Hey and welcome Indietravel:-) Although I've yet to ever pre-book any ferry in my dozens of years of travel through the isles..even w/the onset of on-line convenience, believe it's a personal call and where your comfort zone lies! Since it appears you're hesitant to pre-book dealing w/a tight timeframe here, agree it may be best to just wait it out till there...have fun and Enjoy!

6. Re: Piraeus to Naxos - Sunday 27 June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:33 am, December 22, 2010