We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where will it dock in Piraeus?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
where will it dock in Piraeus?

In a couple of weeks we are going on a big cruise boat which leaves from Piraeus. The instructions we've got don't answer my question. Can anyone tell me which part of the harbour the boat is likely to leave from please? Our booklet says it goes from Akti Xaverious. I've found something like Xaverious on a map - it says Xaveris. The entrance looks like E12 - the Lions Gate. Do you think this might be it? It looks right and perhaps I'm over cautious but I don't want to be standing on the wrong quay waving it good bye and my wife telling me what she thinks of me!

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: where will it dock in Piraeus?

Hi -

There is an east-west street called Akti Xaveriou on the south side of the harbour. I can't tell you which berth your ship will use, but the pier is in an area that provides adequate space for the very large cruise ships. You could also check your cruise line's web site. The largest ships have the most limitations on where they can berth, so your ship probably doesn't move too much on a cruise to cruise basis. A Piraeus taxi driver will likely know where your ship will be, and the English language paper available at your hotel the day prior to your cruise should list the ships due in and where they can be found. Also, if your hotel is one the cruise line uses regularly, the concierge or reception staff can probably give you the information.

If the cruise line doesn't lay on a shuttle, you can use public transportation from Athens to Piraeus, and then get a taxi. Just make sure that you allow yourselves adequate time for this journey. The traffic around the port is very heavy, the distances ti the ships very long, and there is always great demand for the cabs. I expect also, a long line will form at the ship's brow for boarding, so govern your time decisions accordingly.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where will it dock in Piraeus?

Thanks very much for your very helpful reply - very grateful. You have given me confidence!

3. Re: where will it dock in Piraeus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 08, 2010