We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Tour/Tour Company

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
The Villages...
2 posts
Save Topic
Best Tour/Tour Company

WE are going on a Med Cruise in Sept. 2014 on the new Princess Regal. One stop is in Piraeus, Greece and we want to see as much of Athens as possible. We have about 8 hours to spend. I want to see the major sights and have photo ops. Don't want to spend a fortunate but want a good tour to include: Acropolis, Panathenian, Museum, Parliament, Tomb of Unknown Soldiers,Plaka, and shopping.

Can anyone please recommend a good tour company that has great excursions from the Piraeus Port for Athens. Need Company name and a way to contact.

Thanks,

Carol A.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Tour/Tour Company

Hey and welcome Carol A:-) Sounds like you're looking for more of a private tour?;-) Have you checked what your cruiser offers?! Pretty much what you'll find with the tour operators but they don't do pick-ups at Piraeus as far as I know.. and regimented with specific sites! You can certainly take a look at www.chatours.gr/ www.keytours.gr/ www.gotours.gr/ which are the top 3 and again, offer similar! Which 'Museum' are you interested in?! The Nat'l Archaeological Museum.. the New Akropolis?! FWIW, the Parliament Building and the Evzones at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier located at the same place:-)

If looking for tour to accommodate your specific preferences/interests, you may want to send an email off to www.athens-walks.com/ who get rave reviews here and are known to model a tour to your specifics.. but do note, only so much you can take in and do in 8 hours:-) Best.. and EnJOY!

The Villages...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Tour/Tour Company

Dear Lisa,

Thanks for the help. I have 2 tours I am considering that do pick up at the port. My dilemma is not knowing either Company. One is called : cruising excursions. com. The other is an Athen's Company called:Athens tour Greece?

I will now check out all your recommended sites.

Thanks,

Carol A.

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
158 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Tour/Tour Company

Hi--just saw your question. We've sailed Princess once and just did 2 wks on Holland America...I don't remember this being mentioned with Princess but with HAL if you book one of their excursions and something delays your return to the ship and you're past the sail time, they will wait for you. If you have done another company's tour, sorry...you will be left.

I think I'd check on that with Princess...we took all their excursions so we never gave it a thought. I'm looking for a good tour, too, by the way! Good luck!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Tour/Tour Company

Most if not all ancient sites in Athens are on a pedestrian area,if you book a tour still you have to walk to get there,I would suggest to have a look at Athens walks and book with them a taxi tour,ti will be the most convenient thing to do.

Edited: 4:47 am, February 06, 2014
5. Re: Best Tour/Tour Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:29 am, February 08, 2015