We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo female traveler in Athens, Greece

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Solo female traveler in Athens, Greece

I am traveling to Athens in late November and have 3 hotels in mind. My return flight is at 7am. Considering I need to be at the airport at 5am, I need to take the X95 around 3:30am on 11/29. I would like to know which location of below hotels is safer to walk with luggage at early morning dark hour to catch the bus to go to the airport.

1. Metropolis Hotel

2.HOTEL PHILIPPOS

3. Attalos Hotel

Or, I can just hang out somewhere near the bus stop till the time I need to catch the bus. If I choose to do this, is there a restaurant in a safe area where I can hang out till past midnight? I don't might to get to the airport a little bit earlier.

Or, if there are any other alternatives other than taxi?

BTW, I don't speak Greek but English. will this be a big problem to travel along in Athens? I tried to do google map on Syntagma Square, but didn't find it. How to find the best useful/real map that I should use to find my way around?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo female traveler in Athens, Greece

Eclipsie, as this is a duplicate thread, I'd remove it otherwise you will get responses on both from people who haven't realised this is already running with replies.

2. Re: Solo female traveler in Athens, Greece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 10, 2014