We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athens Gate Hotel question

michigan
Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Athens Gate Hotel question

My girlfriend and I will be staying in Athens next June at the Athens Gate hotel. I have already booked a standard double room through Expedia. I was was thinking about up grading to a superior room. Since we will be spending most of our time outside, I wonder if it is really worth a few hundred dollars more for a better view. I read that the better view rooms are near a noisy street.

Any thoughts?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Athens Gate Hotel question

Amalias street is really noisy,traffic never stops,since you will ne spending most of your time out it woulb be wise to have a quiet room so you can sleep at night.

michigan
Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Athens Gate Hotel question

Thanks for info Spyros.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,030 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Athens Gate Hotel question

Here you can get an idea from the Athens Gate roof bar:

http://tinyurl.com/me8923e

Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Athens Gate Hotel question

I stay in the budget internal rooms at Athens Gate. They do not have a view, but I do not find that necessary in Athens. The roof top restaurant area has great views and is available to you. The internal rooms are comfortable and quiet. I recommend them.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
421 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Athens Gate Hotel question

I have stayed at the Athen Gate a number of times and always stay at the front because of the fantasic view of the Temple of Zeus. I always choose a corner room. There is no doubt the street is busy and noisy however, this is easily managed by keeping the balcony doors cosed! They are more than likely double-glazed.

Several Athens hotels face busy streets, and this shouldn't put you off. Views form the rear of the hotel on the lower floors are pretty awful and I would not recommend this side. Even the rooms facing the Acropolis look over the not so attractive areas.

There are panaramic views of the Temple and the Acropolis from the roof terrace as the photos show.

Have a great time - it's a nice hotel...

Antwerp
Level Contributor
368 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Athens Gate Hotel question

Stayed several times in Athens Gate. It's simply part of our visit to Athens, every time again! Perfect service, nice, clean rooms. Spacy and well equipped bath room... restaurant on the top floor with MAJESTIC view... but food BEHOND your expectations! But... it's the staff who actually beats EVERYTHING!!!!

Have to stay, that I'm with "Ann255066", on this one too!

I'm ALWAYS asking a room on the "NOISY" side of the hotel. The quiet side doz have the "Acropolis" view, but also the view over 100's of rooftops... not the best view @all!

The view from the other side...

Well...

From a corner room, and yes... it's a VERY bizzy road!

…photobucket.com/albums/…P1030483.jpg

From room on the 7th floor, facing temple of Zeus...

…photobucket.com/albums/…P1030481.jpg

7. Re: Athens Gate Hotel question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 16, 2014