We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panathinaikos

Nashville, Tennessee
13 posts
Save Topic
Panathinaikos

Hey, Im going to be going on a 2 month European Vacation from the US in late january to Early March, I Don't know the exact dates i will be in Athens but I really wanted to see Panathinaikos play. How do i go about getting a ticket, choosing what game to go to, and how much a ticket generally costs?

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
545 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Panathinaikos

http://www.pao.gr/en/

when the time comes just check this page out (it is summer now and there are no games taking place)

Edited: 10:57 am, August 11, 2013
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,881 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Panathinaikos

hey,i am a big panathinaikos fan..are you talking about panathinaikos' football or basketball team?basketball is way better in quality than football in greece..to be honest greek football sucks,greek basketball is probably the best in europe after spain..

for football we are playing in leoforos stadium ,in the centre of athens,in the crossroad of kiffisias and aleksandras avenues.easily accessible by metro(subway)..,just a few metres away from abelokipi metro station(blue line)..here is a map of athens train(green line) and metro(blue and red line)..

ametro.gr/files/images/AM_Athens_Metro_map_J…

..leoforos is a very-very old stadium(certainly seems very run-down and not even near usa or european standards)which holds only 16.000 fans..it is probably going to be our worse year ever though so probably by that time the fans will be dissapointed and you will be able to find a ticket for a greek championship match..we won't be playing european matches this year...it depends of course on the game,if it is a greek derb ith olympiacos or paok it will be more difficult,as the demand is higher in these games..plus greek derbys are not 100% safe to watch and can be shocking for an american..tickets for the games are sold days before matches in a cashier in leoforos stadium and other spots in athens(like panathinaikos boutiqies in athens)..

to be frank i am a big fan of panathinaikos but i wouldn't go to watch the football team this year myself..the stadium is very old,the team as i said is going to suck ,,for me if you have an interest in basketball i can't recommend panathinaikos basketball team enough..they are the celtics of europe,have won 6 euroleagues(the nba of europe) and always play quality basketball..they play in a modern stadium(oaka stadium,aka olympic stadium where 2004 olympics were held in maroussi,which is a north suburb of athens). it holds up to 20.000 fans,it is easily accessible by train (irinis station,green line in the map)..so what better than watch panathinaikos in a euroleauge game against a strong opponent from spain or another european country.it will be lively with people cheering but no safety concerns unlike greek derbys,and it will be a quality game.don't choose a panathinaikos match in the greek championship(apart from olympiacos all other teams suck,so it will be a boring easy win with low attendance),but a euroleaugue game ..again tickets are sold in panathinaikos boutiques and leoforos stadium..it will be best to call before you go to buy a ticket to make sure they have the tickets for the game you are interested in..

here are some telephone numbers from ticket selling spots..

leoforos stadium 210 6437333

boutique in monastiraki area 210 3216230 location..pandrosou 27,monastiraki

boutiqie in plaka area 210 3311282 location andrianoy 107,plaka

here is the link with all panathinaikos boutiques in athens ..

http://www.greenteam.gr/pao-stores.html

Edited: 11:34 am, August 11, 2013
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,881 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Panathinaikos

i am not sure that all the boutiques are selling tickets,so call first to the phones i gave you plus the phones in the link of boutiques to be sure they sell them before you go

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,881 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Panathinaikos

to be clear,in europe we call football what you call soccer in usa,but i am sure you already know that

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
545 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Panathinaikos

I am afraid that Athanasios is right,Greek football is a joke (it was always a joke but now that the borrowed money have run out and the "bosses" that owned the teams are broke it is even worse than before),basketball is good,again not to NBA standards but definitely the best in Europe.

Still if you are interested to see a football game in a historic (this reads:very old ) stadium go by any means it will be an experience for an American, just don't expect to see Real vs Barchelona...:)

Edited: 11:55 am, August 11, 2013
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Panathinaikos

How much are tickets for a panathinaikos game? Also i would like to buy a panathinaikos football shirt where is best/cheapest to buy from?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,881 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Panathinaikos

hi..you can buy a shirt at any panathinaikos boutique.in the link given above.theya re in manya reas in athens,maybe if you give me an idea about where suits you i can give you the nearest boutigue

.a ticket can start from 15-29 euros and go higher,depending on the importance of the game//

Edited: 9:20 am, September 06, 2013
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,881 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Panathinaikos

*from 15-20 euros

2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Panathinaikos

Thanks for the help! Is there any websites can get panathinaikos merchandise from? I would like to attend a game vs paok or olympiakos! Is it safe for english people to attend?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,881 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Panathinaikos

if you go to the match you can bye anything you want the same day,there is a boutique in the stadium..not in the side facing aleksandras avenue,the other side..read my first comment for derbys against olympiacos or paok..you are going to be fine but you can expect fireworks etc...especially against olympiacos it's another level of fanatism..that's your choice if you want to attend a match like that..against paok probably nothing will happen..i ams ure you have seen some videos from greek derbys to know what to expect..

it is your decision,some would avoid it

Edited: 10:22 am, September 06, 2013