We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Availability and Cost of Soda throughout Greece

Rochester NY
Level Contributor
119 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Availability and Cost of Soda throughout Greece

This is probably a silly question, but I really don't drink alcohol -- a beer now and then -- but I'm a huge diet cola drinker and I'm worried that I won't be able to find diet soda easily when we travel in Greece this summer.

Do most tavernas offer diet colas? And, does anyone know the average cost?

Thanks!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Availability and Cost of Soda throughout Greece

hi.

most restaurants and taverns serve diet pepsi or light cola.you just have to ask for it.

only keep in mind that products labeled ''light'' or ''diet'' are healthy at all!

CND
San Diego
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Availability and Cost of Soda throughout Greece

Try the lemon sodas. They are really tart and refreshing. Especially when it's hot.

Belgium
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Availability and Cost of Soda throughout Greece

As with all prices in a big tourist city, they depend on where you buy something. Expect prices of 5-6 euro in a beach club, 3 Euo in a tourist area in the center and 1,5-1,8 Euro for the same in a Kafeneion.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,753 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Availability and Cost of Soda throughout Greece

"huge diet cola drinker"

Hmm. I am in the same, after quitting alcohol, coffee, tea, smoking and grease!!!

You won't have any problem at all. Well, sometime we may have to convert back to simple water. . .

:)

Rochester NY
Level Contributor
119 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Availability and Cost of Soda throughout Greece

Thanks everyone for your replies -- I was really worried that I might have a problem. Sounds like it's readily available.

Roofie

6. Re: Availability and Cost of Soda throughout Greece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, August 16, 2009