We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santorini, Mykonos, Ikaria with stopover in Istanbul

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
107 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Santorini, Mykonos, Ikaria with stopover in Istanbul

We are thinking of traveling from New York to Greece. We are two adults , early 60's- adventuresome and world travelers. We were thinking of staying at

We can get my best flights to Greece with a

stopover in Istanbul. We plan on spending 2 days there. Then spend 3 nights in Santorini ( Ola) 3 nights Mykonos at Mykonos Star, 2 nights Ikaria ( not sure where) and 3 nights in Athens ( not sure where)

Need to know if this itinerary is OK. Any suggestions about rearranging it or changing it?

We have a friend who lives in Ikaria. So we would like to visit him.

We

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,173 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santorini, Mykonos, Ikaria with stopover in Istanbul

Re: The Mykonos leg of your holiday.

The Star is a nice hotel property, but in an isolated location that is not serviced by local buses. I hope you're planning to rent a vehicle while you're on Mykonos because you'll need one if you stay there.

2. Re: Santorini, Mykonos, Ikaria with stopover in Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 am, April 13, 2013
Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,332 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santorini, Mykonos, Ikaria with stopover in Istanbul

In my eyes, this itinerary isn't particularly good, but doable. Santorini, Mykonos and Ikaria is on different ferry lines, and with some distance between them.

When you arrive Athens you may go directly by plane to Santorini. From Santorini there will be a high-speed ferry to Mykonos, if you travel in high season. From Mykonos to Ikaria, you first have to go by one ferry to Syros, and then another ferry to Ikaria.

All ferry schedules on www.gtp.gr

Flights : www.olympicair.gr or www.aegeanair.gr

I think most Americans are far too upset on visiting Santorini and Mykonos, and I have never understood why. If you want to visit Ikaria, there are so many other nice islands along the ferry line. Why dont you ask your friends on Ikaria ?

Edited: 4:15 am, April 13, 2013
4. Re: Santorini, Mykonos, Ikaria with stopover in Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 15, 2014