We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Varkiza Beach Park

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
La Rochelle
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Varkiza Beach Park

Does anyone know if the Varkiza beach park (yabanaki) is open yet? We're coming to Greece next week and we'd like to go swimming if the weather allows :-)

Athens - Greece
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Varkiza Beach Park

I do not know but I would imagine it must be open at this time of the year :)

Athens - Greece
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Varkiza Beach Park

You've just given me an idea to post some info Tinsie......

Have a GREAT summer :)

AtHeNaS......

La Rochelle
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Varkiza Beach Park

If you find anything out about the beach park, will you let me know? I sent them an email yesterday, but still no reply, and the website's not been updated since 2004!!

Greece
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Varkiza Beach Park

hi!At the moment there is the flower show at yabanaki.It finishes on sunday 14th of may.The facilities are still being repaired but I think by next weekend it will be fully functioning.

La Rochelle
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Varkiza Beach Park

I hope you're right! It's next weekend we want to go :-)

La Rochelle
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Varkiza Beach Park

Hurray!!

I just got a reply to my email - the beach will be open for the public from Monday 15/5/06 onwards, from 8 AM to 8 PM.

Yeah yeah yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now let's hope the weather holds :-)

La Rochelle
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Varkiza Beach Park

Just to let you know (in case anyone's interested) Varkiza Beach Park is definitely open! The entrance fee is 6 euros (GBP 4) and there's an additional charge for sunloungers/parasols @ 4 euros per person (only applicable on Saturday and Sunday at the moment). The bus to Varkiza leaves Dafni (on the red metro line) every 20 minutes and takes approx. 45 minutes to Varkiza, depending on traffic. A taxi from Dafni will set you back approx. 9-10 euros.

One of the days we were there we rented a "cabana" - that's a small room on the beach which has two single beds (actually mattresses on a raised wooden pratform), plasma screen TV, dvd and cd players, small fridge, clothes rail, toilet & shower with jacuzzi, air con and a porch overlooking the beach complete with two sunloungers, a table & two chairs and a parasol. The cost for hiring a cabana for the day (8 AM - 8 PM) is 40 euros (approx. GBP 30) plus the entrance fee, which is well worth it esp. if there are a few of you to share.

8. Re: Varkiza Beach Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, August 13, 2009