We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kivotos of Aegean Travel Agency

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kivotos of Aegean Travel Agency

Thus anybody used the Kivotos of Aegean Travel Agency in Greece, please help, are they good/legit agency?

Montreal, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kivotos of Aegean Travel Agency

Yes!!! They're a very reliable company. I went on my honeymoon in July 2011. I dealt Xenophon & he did everything in his power to make our 10 days in Greece amazing. He booked our hotels & transfers in Mykonos, Santoianni & Athens. He even made sure there was a taxi for us even when all the taxis in the country at the time of our stay were on strike.

They'll take very good care of you.

Matthew & Bernadette

Montreal, canada

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,462 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kivotos of Aegean Travel Agency

We see comments about Kivotos every few weeks, always seeming to ask the same thing and getting a very similar reply...

Looks a bit suspicious to me, or maybe I'm just an old cynic?!

http://tinyurl.com/c3xcpt6

Edited: 6:31 am, March 28, 2013
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,861 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kivotos of Aegean Travel Agency

Agree with you Steve.

Edited: 7:12 am, March 28, 2013
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,462 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kivotos of Aegean Travel Agency

So I am an old cynic then... ;)

Montreal, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kivotos of Aegean Travel Agency

Hi Steve,

I'm just posting my experience with them. I felt the same way you did prior to booking my trip. I realize their website is fairly basic, which made me think at the time is this a real company...

Their prices for their package were very reasonable for our honeymoon & were a lot cheaper had I booked the exact same trip with a Canadian travel agency.

In then end we went with Kivotos of Aegean & my wife & I were certainly impressed. I would certainly book with them again when I go back to Greece.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,462 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kivotos of Aegean Travel Agency

OK Matthew, thanks for clarifying; so it is confirmed, I am an old cynic!

Can I ask if they requested you to write on here? Presuming not, what was it about their service which was so good for you to register and post on TA? BTW I am being serious here, not sarcastic - I'm curious that's all.

Montreal, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kivotos of Aegean Travel Agency

Hi Steve,

No they didn't ask me to write on TA. I've wanted to write a review for over a year but i never got around to it. Now I finally did.

What was good about their service is that when I sent them an email, they would respond very quickly. Normally within minutes. Their prices ever very reasonable compare to what I would have paid if I booked my trip with other agencies. Final, like I said in my previous post, we were in Greece in July 2011. This was when the financial collapse started & there we closures & riots in the streets of Athens. Taxi's were also on strike & when we were leaving Greece we needed a taxi to get to the airport. Xenophon from the agency still managed to get someone to drive us to the airport at no extra charge.

That's it!

Johannesburg...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kivotos of Aegean Travel Agency

After all the raving reviews about Kivotos of Aegean, I have decided to use them to plan my holiday in Greece in June! So, far dealing with them over emails has been pleasant and I truly hope i will have a great time in Greece! So Steve, I will be honest with you and everyone else about my experience with this travel agency after my holiday in Greece! Keeping my fingers crossed for a great time in Greece!

CT
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kivotos of Aegean Travel Agency

Our family used them May 2013 and had no issues.. communication was great and all the transfers/airline/boat/tickets/hotels were taken care of seemlessly.

New York, New York...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kivotos of Aegean Travel Agency

i used them for a trip in june and they were great. very responsive to e-mails, very timely with all the pickups and transfers, etc. additionally, the hotels and restaurants they picked out for our itinerary were truly top notch.