We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in athens

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Topic
weather in athens

We are leaving for athens next weekend. We are getting conflicting weather reports and we are deciding what to pack. Would anyone tell us the TRUE weather forcast? Thanks!

Athens - Greece
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in athens

it might be better to ask this closer to the time you will be travelling to Greece :)

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,538 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in athens

Weather this time of the year is mild. Not often rain, while wjat seems mild to me may seem warm to you.

This weekend is a not usual rain break. So temps are lower than usual, around 10 C to 18 C, while 14 to 22 is usually expected this time of the year. This rain break is announced in local weather forecasts to be over around Wednesday.

So. i think you have to pack moderately. That means spring clothing. Best way to pack this time of the year is what i advise as "layer clothing". That means:

top: t-shirt or short sleeve shirt + footer + light jacket

down: chakis style of pants and good athletic shoes.

This means you 'll be able to deal with any weather. Feeling hot on Acropols Hill? stay with t-shirt and footer around the shoulders, while jacket goes around the waist.. Feeling cool in an open air restaurant? pop all on and you are ok.

Pack a woolen pullover or a light fleece ( God, not an enormous one eating your valuable liggage space ) along with your baseball hat and you 'll be OK!

Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in athens

What is a "footer"?