We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

athens with a 2yr old child for 4 days

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
129 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
athens with a 2yr old child for 4 days

Hello,

My husband & I are planning to visit athens with our 2yr old child in Oct 2012 for 4days/5nights.

Can you pls advise on the following:

1. Is it safe to travel to athens in this recession? any riots, strikes?

2. Which area is good to stay with toddler in terms of proximity of shops, restaurants, metro?

3. Any suggestions on hotel or hotel apartment?

4. Which places would you recommend to visit for the short stay?

Thank you very much in advance.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: athens with a 2yr old child for 4 days

1. Yes

2. I recommend somewhere around Acropolis metro station as there are large pedestrian zones there, appropriate for pushing the stroller...

3. Athens Studios, Byron Hotel, Acropolis Select, but depends on your budget. All of these are quite close to Acropolis metro.

4. Acropolis museum, very easy to get to if you stay in the area I mentioned, Acropolis, Ancient Agora and Panatheniac stadium are among some of my 'Must-see' sights. May also be time for a half-day trip out to Cape Sounio...

Edited: 5:49 am, August 29, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Acropolis
Acropolis
26,715 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Byron Hotel
Byron Hotel
254 Reviews
Athens, Greece
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,679 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: athens with a 2yr old child for 4 days

Adding Airotel Parthenon in the same area. Look for special offers:

http://www.airotel.gr/hotel/parthenon

3. Re: athens with a 2yr old child for 4 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 05, 2013