We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please review Athens 1 day itenerary

USA
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Please review Athens 1 day itenerary

Wow! I have enjoyed reading many hours of Athens posts and information and still need help.

I will arrive in Sept. at Piraeus. Will take bus and Metro to start at the Acropolis. We are a group of 8 couples and will dock at 6am and need to be back on the ship at 5pm.

I am planning on being at the Acropolis as early as possible. Would also like to do the Acropolis Museum. I realize that there are great walking maps available, but don't know which of all the sites to see next. I realized my big mistake was to only have 1 day..... but must make the best of it now.

The ancient sites, changing of the guard, look wonderful, but not sure what order, or how much we can do. Should we try to do everything included in the Acropolis ticket? When? where to grab a quick refreshment. I think seeing sites and then wondering around a shopping district? Plaka? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,930 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Please review Athens 1 day itenerary

It sounds as though you made the very best of the situation, saw a great deal in the time you had, and enjoyed yourselves. Thanks for coming back and reporting.

12. Re: Please review Athens 1 day itenerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 15, 2013