We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any beach around?

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary
Level Contributor
395 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Any beach around?

We will be docking in Athens for one day and were wondering if there's any beach with easy acess by public transportation. We have been to Athens before and this time just want to relax and have a good swim, sun bathing. Thanks!

Athens, Greece
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any beach around?

Go to Syntagma Sq and take Tram Line 3 Thoukididis – Asklipeio Voulas (ΘΟΥΚΥΔΙΔΗΣ 3: ΣΕΦ - ΑΣΚΛΗΠΙΕΙΟ ΒΟΥΛΑΣ). They are plenty of beaches alongside the tram route where you can relax and have a good swim. The seawaters are generally clear but sometime that depends of the wind direction. I'd recommend to hop off to Tram Stop: Zefyros (Akti Alimou) where “Ellados Ikones” (Images of Greece), a Meze and Fish Restaurant on the beach with Greek music, is located. Or get to Voula where the tram stops. Otherwise, you'd take express bus E22 to Saronida and go to Agia Marina where lie some of the best quality sandy beaches in Attica. I'd prefer the last one but keep in mind it takes longer to get there and you might no find any umbrellas and chairs.

Edited: 9:28 pm, July 22, 2012
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
903 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any beach around?

The message says they are "docking for one day". In which case it's not necessary to go to Syntagma, you can go straight from the port to the beaches.

While I'm sure there are several ways to do so, here's the way that I know. Train from Piraeus to Faliro (one stop) switch to tram (direction Voula)...

Athens, Greece
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any beach around?

Yes, panionara, you are right. Sorry, Fortaleza_7, I missed the ''docking'' thing.

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,884 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any beach around?

Hi there,

The last place on the link below, Votsalakia beach is close to where the cruise ships dock. However, there aren't any direct buses. You could take the 843 bus to metro station. From there you can take the 20 trolley bus and then walk.

piraeus.world-guides.com/piraeus_beaches.html

Calgary
Level Contributor
395 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any beach around?

Thank you guys!

6. Re: Any beach around?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, July 25, 2013