We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Astoria Travel

St. Catharines...
3 posts
Save Topic
Astoria Travel

Has anyone who has been to Athens dealt with Astoria Travel before? Looking to hear other's experiences.

53 replies to this topic
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Astoria Travel

I missed a couple of messages the other day. Please, forward it again. It's the address that you find in the www.toursingreece.info

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Astoria Travel

Just had a trip to Delphi and Meteora organised by Kosta at Astoria Travel and it's been absolutely fantastic. It was a tricky trip to organise as it was last minute and there was no availability at one of the hotels but Kosta went out of his way to help and organised and followed up every detail. Kosta is extremely reliable and trustworthy and nothing seems to be too much trouble for him. Highly recommended - will always use Astoria Travel in Greece- far better than the other agencies I tried to negotiate with.

Chatham
Level Contributor
4 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Astoria Travel

I cannot agree more. The service he provides is really top notch, he cares about what is important to his clients. He made our family trip to Greece the most memorable for our first trip to Europe. He is so nice and trusting. I cannot recommend him enough to anyone who is looking for the best service in travel. Thank you Kosta. We celebrated my birthday and the rest of the family birthdays before leaving Greece! Awesome just awesome. You are at the top of the list for travel organization. Thanks again. Christine

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
41 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Astoria Travel

In the end of April we joined the G.O. Tour for the Classic 4 days tour in Greece.

Due to unexpected medical reason, we decide not to commit until we had gotten an okay from our doctor.

Finally we confirmed the tour one day before we flew to Athens. We booked with Kosta. He was nice and very prompt. And he has one of the best rates in the internet.

In the morning of the tour day, Kosta even came to the main bus pick-up point to make sure we made it.

We had a good time in the tour and made friends with several families and couples from different countries.

If you do decide to inquire tours with Kosta, you may wanna check your email server that is compatible with his. He sends itinerary and invoice receipt via attachment. Somehow our email server couldn't see his attachments. But once we switched to gmail account's email, it worked fine.

And remember to print the invoice at home or hotel because the tour company will keep the print-out as payment confirmation.

Thank you Kosta!!! : )

australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Astoria Travel

We have just returned from a trip to Meteora arranged by Astoria Travel and everything was terrific. Kosta arrranged for us to go up on the train from Athens and back on the bus after spending 2 nights there. He organized a day tour and a sunset tour of the monastries and everything happened on schedule and both tours were great. I would recommend Astoria Travel to anyone travelling to Greece.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Astoria Travel

Hello. We have just returned from Greece. We booked a four day classical tour of Greece for my family of six and my sister;s family of four with Astoria Travel via email. Kosta gave us the best price for the tour. We paid a deposit last year and the balance was paid about two weeks before departure. Our tour started on the 5th of July 2014. The kids loved it and so did we. We did the 1st class hotels staying at the Amalia chain hotels and they had the best buffet breakfast and buffet dinners! We had a lot of email communication from Kosta from last year and we felt we knew him well after many email conversations. We actually met him on day 2 of our tour in Olympia as he was on tour with another group. despite the so called financial crisis, the tours were filled with many travellers by Astoria travel. Will definitely book with Astoria travel again and I have recommended the agency to all my family and friends back home. regards,

helen

Christchurch, New...
1 post
Save Reply
37. Re: Astoria Travel

I am a first time poster from New Zealand, and have not been asked in any way to write this report in support of Kosta. From the first time that I contacted him he has been extremely helpful in every way. Even though we only used his services to visit Meteora, he went out of his way to research other options that we were pursuing and gave useful and helpful advice.

I would not hesitate to recommend him and his company to anyone visiting Greece.

Rick from NZ

United States
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Astoria Travel

My experiences with Astoria Travel have been varied in scope, but ALWAYS extraordinarily positive. I cannot praise Kosta and his team highly enough. From small-scale arrangements for my wife and me to multi-day academic tours for groups of 25+ university students, our experience has always been top notch.

I regularly travel with a university group to Greece, and other colleagues from my university (in the western USA) have been booking arrangements through Astoria Travel since 2003, sometimes two groups per year. Kosta's heartfelt inclination to provide a high quality academic experience for our students really shows. Above all, his reliability and his determination to help us provide an affordable program for them is apparent from beginning to end. On each program he has been constantly calculating how we can shave down costs to the students' advantage. He really tends to the smallest details.

Trustworthiness may be the most important aspect of a travel agent's involvement with a group. In the many facets of our several tours arranged by Astoria, I have yet to be surprised by any bill or expenditure. Everything has been transparent and anticipated.

I recommend to all my colleagues here at my university that they work their Greek travel arrangements through Astoria Travel.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Astoria Travel

We recently used the services of Kosta at Astoria Travel and could not have been happier. I did have reservations owing to some poor reviews, but Kosta was offering a package to Meteora and Delphi, that no other firm was doing.

I cannot speak highly enough of his service. He arrived at our hotel, after business hours, when we had just checked in, to deliver our tickets and vouchers. He went through all the details of our train, bus and taxi bookings, plus the two hotels and tours. He very carefully went through all the train stations we needed to note on our return train trip, so that we did not miss where we needed to get off. He then met us at the train station the next morning to show us to the correct seats on our train and even refused a tip! He phoned our hotel to tell us the name of the taxi driver who would meet our next train to take us to Delphi. In addition, he phoned to confirm our hotel booking in Mykonos (a booking he did not make) when I complained that they did not reply to my emails.

We would definitely use his services again. He genuinely cares about his clients

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Astoria Travel

Astria Travel and Kosta is very kind and helpful. He offered me cheaper ticket and gave some advises. I highly recommend everyone to use this company.

Reply to: Astoria Travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted