We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Astoria Travel

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Catharines...
3 posts
Save Topic
Astoria Travel

Has anyone who has been to Athens dealt with Astoria Travel before? Looking to hear other's experiences.

52 replies to this topic
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
85 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Astoria Travel

I'm discussing my travel plans with them. The response has been very good so far - very prompt and competitive. I'm curious to hear from others who might have used their services.

St. Catharines...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Astoria Travel

They were very good to deal with. Arranged great hotel rates and lots of excursions out of Athens for me. When one of the third party travel groups backed out of my excursion the morning of Astoria travel met me and took me to the competition's tour instead. Same excursion, just with another company. Very attentive.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Astoria Travel

Thank you Chrissy. I only saw you message now. I hope I shall be here if you ever need my help again. Best regards Kosta.

4. Re: Astoria Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 am, November 19, 2013

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Astoria Travel

I can highly recommend Astoria Travel and Kosta in particular. He went out of his way to assist my wife and me during our visit to Athens in early May. First, he was able to get us rates in Athens hotels that were significantly lower than any we could book on the web. He gave us excellent advice about what would be open and what would be closed during a national strike on May 7, and booked us for a wonderful one-day cruise that day (at a rate lower than that advertised by the cruise company). When I had trouble finding someone willing to take us on a one-day trip to Olympia, Kosta volunteered and drove us there and back (although his car is small and would be uncomfortable for larger people). He also accommodated my request to visit the site of the Marathon battlefield--again, driving us personally, explaining the vicinity and the history, and recommending a cafe and several special Greek dishes for lunch. His English is excellent, he is knowledgeable, highly experienced, and extremely helpful.

6. Re: Astoria Travel

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

7. Re: Astoria Travel

melbourne
Level Contributor
2 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Astoria Travel

Just came back from 2 days Delphi and Meteora tour arranged by Kosta - he booked us with Keys Tour company for this tour. He gives such good service with fast replies and issuing if vouchers. There were 6 of us going on the tour and on the morning of the tour, he personally came by and make sure we got on the tour! Great discount for the tour and we did save €'s by booking with him rather than direct with tour company or Viator

9. Re: Astoria Travel

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Astoria Travel

Hello, We are keen to book with Kosta from Astoria as well for our travel tours in 2014. The only thing that scares me is the global financial crisis and if the business may not survive but we have travel insurance to cover that. Kosta has been very attentive and is saving us 100's of euros if we book through Astoria. We plan to pay a deposit next week to just confirm our tour. Fingers crossedXX

Reply to: Astoria Travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted