We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Star Ferries

Michigan
Level Contributor
103 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Star Ferries

Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring your luggage in your cabin if you book a cabin? Also was wondering how secure the cabins are? We are a family of four traveling RT from Athens to Naxos.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
973 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Star Ferries

Of course, where else would you keep it?

Michigan
Level Contributor
103 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Star Ferries

Panionera....Obviously I was not sure, why else would I have asked ?

Thank you for making it clear:)

nc usa
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Star Ferries

Cabins are secure...and very nice. I don't know that I would bother lugging my bags up to the cabin though. We've always left our bags down in the luggage storage area and have never had any problems. Unless you expect to be very tired, I don't know that I would even bother with a cabin if you're only going to Naxos....only time we have was after a very late night out. I do like the first class lounge however.... :)

Michigan
Level Contributor
103 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Star Ferries

Thank you Mitsa:)!!! I anticipate we will be very tired and with 2 teenagers who are not early risers, they will most likely sleep the entire way. I will be most comfortable knowing they and their belongings are safe in a cabin so my husband and i can enjoy the deck or lounge ;)

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,952 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Star Ferries

This is a perfect example of why it helps to expand a little on a question before it's asked. If only posters would explain WHY they are asking a question, they would quickly get answers that are to the point of the question.

Moubadd, I'm not criticising you. It happens all the time, and results in long threads full of answers that go wide of the mark, and opinions that don't get to the point of the question, because the point of the question wasn't made clear.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,715 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Star Ferries

Bring only your valuables to the passengers deck. You enter the ferry through the car deck where they have large luggage compartments, marked with the various destinations. Car deck is closed during voyage. I have never heard of anything stolen onboard the ferries. It looks easy to bring your luggage up the escalators, but it isn't that easy when you have to carry it walking in a queue down the stairs upon arrival.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,187 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Star Ferries

Here is to give you an idea of the Blue Star ferries:

http://tinyurl.com/399hk6x

8. Re: Blue Star Ferries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 05, 2013