We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap hotel?

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Skopje
3 posts
Save Topic
Cheap hotel?

Hello

I am from Skopje and I want to visit Athens during the Eurovision but my budget is very low. All the hotels I can find on the net are too expencive for me. I just need a roof over my had... the cheapest possible place around Omonia square. I assume those places couldnt be found on the net so I am asking for a help from you.

Efharisto

Pane

athens
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap hotel?

Hello Pane

I am a journalist and writing about eurovision. I was wondering if I could ask some questions about your attempt to get a hotel in Athens. Are you a big Eurovision fan? Did you expect Athens to be so expensive for Eurovision? Have you ever been before? I'm writing about how hotels have increased prices just for the Eurovision weekend. Did you end up finding somewhere to stay?

Belgium
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap hotel?

Pane, forget the hotels, try hostels. There are quite a few and in the center.

Athens - Greece
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap hotel?

nice one journo :)

Skopje
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap hotel?

hello journo. yes I am a very big Eurovision fan. I am the vice president of the eurovision fan club called OGAE Macedonia. OGAE is an international network of such clubs. There is OGAE Greece as well. I have been on the previous two eurovisions, in Istanbul and in Kyiv. There, during the eurovision week all the prices were lower especially in Ukraine where people find this occasion as a chance to show how openhearted they are for the friends from all around europe. Athens is totally opposite way. I have an impression like no one bothers about the terms like 'openhearted' and 'friend' and everybody wants to get some profit out of all this. Maybe it's a consequence of the olympic games... but there you have invested a lot and you needed the money back. In the case of eurovision almost all the support comes from EBU and from this year's sponsor Cosmote... so there is not real need for a money refund... just abusing the opportunity and missing a perfect chance to show a bit friendship. That's why I decided none of the Athens' beds to get my money... I am going with a sleeping bag and I'll use the floor of some of my friends apartments. So, see you in Athens my friend:)

Pane

+38970274785