We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Omonia - is it safe?

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
152 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Omonia - is it safe?

Hi everyone,

I am planning my first trip to Greece and some time ago I booked a hotel at Exarchia square near Omonia. Later I saw several reviews that this area is dangerous due to drugdealers, etc. I am planning to use the metro, on some occasions early in the morning, is it safe? Generelly I don't pay much attention to every complaint I read on internet, but now I am unsure... Thanks in advance!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
941 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Omonia - is it safe?

Exarcheia Square is a lot better than Omonoia. Is it hotel Exarcheion?

If it's literally on Exarcheia Square I wouldn't worry at all, if It's closer to Omonia then that's a different story...

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
152 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Omonia - is it safe?

Yes, It's Exarcheion. But I will need Omonia metro station and as I understand it's the only metro which is close to the place. Will it not be dangerous going to Omonia metro station around 6-7 in the morning?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
941 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Omonia - is it safe?

Morning's aren't bad at all, it's daylight by about 5:30. The riff raff are usually long gone by that time. There's also Panepistimio station, which is only slightly further, but a much better option, unless it's the green line you're needing to use....

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
152 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Omonia - is it safe?

oh, thanks a lot

5. Re: Hotel near Omonia - is it safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:41 pm, June 22, 2013