We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Louis Cruise Lines

Indian Harbour...
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Louis Cruise Lines

I have seen numerous posts wondering about Louis Cruise Lines. I am a travel agent and sailed them 3 years ago. I will not recommend them to my clients. Ever. They were horrible. The food was so bad, my husband and I made a point to eat in port where ever we could. We were not impressed with our stateroom either. The only thing nice were the ports of call.

Sorry I do not have better news. Stay away from them.

101 replies to this topic
West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
317 posts
490 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Louis Cruise Lines

This cruise is being shipped off to South America. I was told that they were going to Cuba and Brazil. I agree with you about the food and the service. We had a favorite Bar Girl and Waiter so life was not so bad, speaking Spanish helps mucho. We also took some worthless tours. Danny the Cruise Entertainment leader was a hoot

B G
Red Deer, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
22. Re: Louis Cruise Lines

Did a 7 day Cruise in May 2014 on the Orient Queen. This is a small Greek cruise line so don't expect a Princess or Regent line. It was more than just adequate but not luxurious. It got you from A to B and the crew was fabulous. The food was just as good as any cruise line I've sailed (Princess(3), Carnival). It is a small ship able to get into small island ports but does not have too many shops. We were off on shore excursions every day so this didn't matter to us. All the shore excursions were great and the local guides were excellent.

We booked directly with www.louiscruises.com and saved a lot !! The port of Lavrio is a bit difficult to get to but there is a city bus that leaves from Athens or a cab (I think it was 75Euros). Would not hesitate to book Louis Cruises again.

Paphos, Paphos...
1 post
Save Reply
23. Re: Louis Cruise Lines

Can somebody give me some moe info about Louise Cruise Lines. Ineed to ship a car from Greece to Cyprus. Thank u

San Francisco...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Louis Cruise Lines

We want to take the 6day cruise from Athens on Louis Cruise going to the Islands and Turkey in June 2014. Could not get the cabin we want. any advise how to get the outside cabin. Emailed the agent of the Cruise and I have not heard from them. they booked me on XC which seems small ?? We want XB or XD. Which is a better deck and which part of the ship is the is more to see? Please advise

Thank you

Malti from California

austrailia
3 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Louis Cruise Lines

Am going on cruise in Oct 2014. It is the seven day cruise going to Istanbul and other Greek Islands. I am worried now about the quality. This will be my sisters first cruise and I would hate for it to be a disappointment.

austrailia
3 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Louis Cruise Lines

We are going on a 7day cruise in October2014 stopping at Istanbul and after reading the reviews are am getting quiet anxious. This will be my sisters first cruise and I would hate for it to be a disappointment. I have family who are thinking of doing this trip next year and they will not now book until we come back. I will also not use this travel agent again if this cruise is as bad as every-one says it is.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
317 posts
490 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Louis Cruise Lines

with all the criticism we hope the cruise would have taken advise. It is best to try and get friendly with the host that gives you the table and the waiters. The option for all drinks paid all you can drink is a waste of money if you don't drink spirits. the water on the cruise is pretty good and at ports you can buy water and bring them in. We had fun with the Entertainment people Daniel was our leader great fun. Some tours are worthless. I think Rhodes and the ones in Turkey are definite must. and Santorini is a must. be sure to check out Tripadvisors restaurants and things to see they give great advise, I'm glad I did.

San Francisco...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Louis Cruise Lines

Thank you for your input. It is very helpful. We are booked to go in June.

MALTI

San Francisco...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Louis Cruise Lines

Thank you for your honest opinion. It really helps.

Malti

Ottawa, Canada
9 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Louis Cruise Lines

I'm confused now whether to go on the Louis Crystal - we are looking at going on the Ancient Lands Superior in June or August of 2014. Has anyone done the Greek Island tours lately on this ship?

Reply to: Louis Cruise Lines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted