We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for hotel close to airport....

Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for hotel close to airport....

Have a quick stopover in Athens and I'm looking for a Hotel close to the Airport.Sofitel at the Airport is a bit too much to pay for 10 hours...

Athens - Greece
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for hotel close to airport....

You are not saying what time do you arrive in Greece

Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for hotel close to airport....

We arrive at 00.25 on July 17 and leave at 9.30 the same morning....

Athens - Greece
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for hotel close to airport....

Check out this link:

tripadvisor.com/…2866539

Enjoy!

Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for hotel close to airport....

Thanks for your help....The Hoilday Inn on Attica Ave has rooms for Eur108 which might be good.It claims to be 10k from the airport with a shuttle service in the morning...is there a website for the Medousa Hotel....

Athens - Greece
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for hotel close to airport....

No Hotel Medoussa does not have a website yet. It is a new small hotel which opened few months ago. I have been there... it provides clean and basic accommodation....it is a budget choice.....next to a sandy beach and some really nice traditional tavernas....

If you need more info just ask....

Athens - Greece
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for hotel close to airport....

PS: Yes the holiday Inn is on the same shuttle bus line with hotel medoussa. It is a little further away from the Airport than Medoussa at Rafina. Not too far though....around 15 minutes drive further away than Medoussa.

Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for hotel close to airport....

ATHENAS,

You seem to know your stuff...may I put a question to you...We are looking to stay in Sifnos,maybe The Lighthouse in Faros,however I'm lead to believe that Faros has very few retaurants,maybe you could share your wisdom on Sifnos with me.We will there from July 21-26 then on to Serifos....

Athens - Greece
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for hotel close to airport....

I am really sorry WAMID...I do not know much about Sifnos but maybe someone else might be able to help you with this one.

Thank you very much for your kind words and if you need more info about athens please do not hesitate to ask me.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for hotel close to airport....

WAMID stay at holliday inn of attica avenue...is cheaper than sofitl ..and is really nice...as for sifnos..keep in mind that sifnos has a local cuisine...and is among the best in Greece...lovely dishes..unexpected from a cycladic island...there are several nice restaurants at apolonia and camares....here are some suggestions

liotrivi tavern at artemonas town...artemonas' square next to saint constantinos church

tel003022840-31246

The beutifull Sifnos

Apollonia John Kalogiros tel00302284033069

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for hotel close to airport....

as for faros...yes you are not going to find amy but you will find one of the best...the little tavern on the little beach next to faros beach..with the lights and the wooden charis...dont miss it...the food is lovely there..i dont remember the name but you will certainly find it