We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athens on Friday- next week

Vestmannaeyjar...
12 posts
Athens on Friday- next week

Just wandering since I will be in Athens for the day on Friday July 1st. Do you guys think we will have any trouble seeing the Acropolis? Isn't it correctly understood that there will be some heavy strikes going on the days before?

Thanks for any answars- and also, should we have a backup plan to go somewhere else from Pireaus?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Athens on Friday- next week

I would not expect any troubles under any sensibly expected conditions.

Strikes affect things only on the day they take place.

Vestmannaeyjar...
12 posts
2. Re: Athens on Friday- next week

Thank you for your answar Nick :) I hope everything workes out as well as possible, and hopefully we won't miss the beautiful Acropolis! :)

Athens Greece
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
3. Re: Athens on Friday- next week

No I Don't see any problem,strike will be over and all sites will be open.Just get there early,it gets really hot at midday.

4. Re: Athens on Friday- next week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, October 02, 2012