We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kifisos bus station to Monastiraki square?

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Kifisos bus station to Monastiraki square?

Hello,

In June I will be travelling from Patras to Kifisos bus station, but can't seem to find how to get from there to my hotel near Monastiraki square. Is there a metro stop nearby or a bus line? Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Athens Greece
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kifisos bus station to Monastiraki square?

There is a blue bus no 051 inside the station,it will take you to Omonia sq,from there you ll have to walk to Monastiraki through Athinas street,or take the metro to Syntagma and change to Monastiraki.

The line from Omonia to Monastiraki direct is not operating at the momment.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kifisos bus station to Monastiraki square?

You could get off the 051 at Metaxourghio and pick up the Γ16 bus from there to nearer Monastiraki, but I suspect going all the way to Omonia and taking the metro might be easier. Or else, just grab a taxi all the way.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kifisos bus station to Monastiraki square?

Thanks for your responses. It doesn't seem far to walk from Omonia sq., otherwise as suggested I'll consider taking a taxi from Kifisos.

I didn't know that the line from Omonia to Monastiraki is not operating. Is it the whole of line 1 not operating or just part of it?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kifisos bus station to Monastiraki square?

Hey Lougey:-) The Green Line metro servicing Omonia has been non-operable for a while now affecting Omonia Station but is operating to Monasteraki from Piraeus..the entire line is not down! I'd agree that a cab ride would be the way to go unless you've got the time to take in some 'sights' with the bus enroute;-) Have a great trip..and EnjoY!

Edited: 6:06 pm, May 06, 2011
London, United...
Level Contributor
16,973 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kifisos bus station to Monastiraki square?

It's a 10-15 minute walk down Athinas or Aiolou from Omonia to Monastiraki. Athinas is a much more interesting street, but if you have rolling luggage you're probably better off in pedestrianised Aiolou.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
9,050 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kifisos bus station to Monastiraki square?

Do what I did, take a taxi to nearby Eleonas station & the metro to Monastiraki.

I arrive at Kifissou regularly & with luggage found this the cheapest & easiest way when your final destination is near another metro station.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,715 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kifisos bus station to Monastiraki square?

Indeed. There is no need to mix up with buses. A short taxi ride to "Eleonas" and then a quick metro trip to Monastriaki is the easiest / shortest way.

Athens Greece
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kifisos bus station to Monastiraki square?

Β 16 Γ16 Busses terminate at Koumoundourou square,and there is a 15 minute walk through Psirri to Monastiraki.

9. Re: Kifisos bus station to Monastiraki square?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, October 01, 2012