We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santorini to Athens by Air

Michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Santorini to Athens by Air

If we fly to Athens from Santorini on Thursday and are leaving Athens for home on Friday morning, should we just stay at a hotel near the airport or should we venture downtown again for the day/night. Seems like a lot of back and forth to me.

Or should we just take the hydrofoil and arrive in downtown Athens.

We will have already spent 3 days in Athens at the beginning of our trip.

Boston
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Santorini to Athens by Air

Actually we have the same dilema..Our flight arrives from Santorini at 22:30(10:30pm) and our flight home leaves at 6:30am. We are thinking of hanging out at the airport for the night as we have to be there anyway at 4:30am..Are we crazy??

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Santorini to Athens by Air

hi.

since your flight is so early in the morning i suggest you to stay at the airport.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Santorini to Athens by Air

On a similar note, we just booked our trip today and we are spending 3 nights in Athens, 3 nights in Mykonos and 4 nights in Santorini in September. We are flying from Santorini to Athens on September 18 at 7:10 am, arriving Athens at 8:00 am on Olympic Air and then we leave Athens at 9:20 am on Olympic to London. This question is coming a little late since our flights are already booked, but do you think we are cutting it too close to make our connection in Athens?

Belgium
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Santorini to Athens by Air

No no, you should easily be able to get your connecting flight.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Santorini to Athens by Air

Ok, thanks. I have read that some times it gets windy on the islands in the fall and flights and ferries are often delayed, which is why I was a little worried.