We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vote for the New Seven Wonders of our World!

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Athens - Greece
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
Save Topic
Vote for the New Seven Wonders of our World!

Since only few of the Ancient Wonders of our world remain today so that they can be visited. It was decided for the public to vote to renominate the 7 Wonders of the Modern World.

Guess what? Yes....Acropolis is one of them.

Here is the webpage to vote and obtain more info:

http://www.n7w.com/voting1f.php

Enjoy!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vote for the New Seven Wonders of our World!

ACROPOLIS!!!!!!!

Acropolis Acropolis Acropolis Acropolis Acropolis is my vote...; )

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vote for the New Seven Wonders of our World!

Hey! We are not at all biassed , are we? ;)))

I have been fortunate to visit and enter the great Pyramid of Giza. It is awesome indeed ... (I had very sore thighs for a week). BUT NOTHING and I mean NOTHING compares with the Parthenon. Beautiful temple for the almighty Goddess. Thanks ATHENAS for the site to vote. I travelled over 1000s of kms, through daggy airports, through rude security stations, scrunched up in a bloody 747s "cattle class" seat for too many hours to mention, but as soon as I saw the Parthenon, all my discomfort was as nothing. I have a special affinity with the beautiful Temple of Athena Nike, as well. So small, but so perfect.

K

Athens - Greece
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vote for the New Seven Wonders of our World!

Oh no, no, we are not at all biassed ;)))

Karolina - is it a coin in your photo?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Vote for the New Seven Wonders of our World!

Yes ATHENAS - It is the Australian 5 cent coin. It is actually an echidna.

K

PS I was going to make my pic a really nice coin from Megalexander's time, but I know that the Athenians were not that fond of him and his dad, Philip II. Well, so said Demosthenes anyway. So.... the echidna was the next best thing. btw on my right hand wedding finger I wear a copy of an Athenian tetradrachm of the incomparable Athena - it is 18 karat gold and I have asked to be buried wearing it :) I bought it in Olympia.

Love

as always

K

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Vote for the New Seven Wonders of our World!

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I forwarded the site to vote for the 7 wonders to many online mates. The Buddhas of Bamyan, Afghanistan have special significance for me (see Votes FAQ). You were not to know that, maybe you are a tiny bit psychic Athenas.

K

Athens - Greece
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vote for the New Seven Wonders of our World!

Hey..... very interesting to read about the Athenian tetradrachm of the incomparable Athena. Karolina.

I haven't read what Demosthenes said BUT......... hey..... I love Great Alexander...... the Greatest of the Greeks ;)