We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advise on 4-5* Hotels in Athens

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sacramento, CA
2 posts
Save Topic
Need advise on 4-5* Hotels in Athens

Need advise on 4-5* Hotels in Athens. Appreciate any help.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advise on 4-5* Hotels in Athens

hi.

the best 5 star hotel in athens is hotel grande bretagne (www.starwoods.com).it is very centrally located on constitution (syntagma)square, grea facilities( luxurious spa,nice restaurant,cozy bar, beautiful coffee shop), great atmosphere (empire style decoration).

athens plaza hotel(next to grande bretagne)is a good 5 star hotel with a lot of facilities and better prices (www.grecotel.gr).

also athens hilton is a very modern hotel with everything you can ask for(www.hilton.com)

divani caravel hotel and divani acropolis palace( www.divanis.gr) are nice 5 star hotels.

electra palace hotel is a beautiful hotel located near plaka area (5 star)with a good spa.(www.electrahotels.gr).

also athenaum intercontinental,holiday-inn(www.ichotel.com)and ledra marriott (www.marriott.com) are 5 star hotels with the facilities one can excpect from these brands.

better prices might have the following 5 and 4 star hotels which are also very good:

athens imperial, athena grand(www.grecotel.gr), st. george lycabettus hotel (www.sglycabettus.gr),stratos vassilikos hotel(www.airotel.gr).in most of these hotels i have stayed once or twice and my favourite is grande bretagne, but i can assure you that also all the others have nice rooms, good restaurants and service.i skipped king george II hotel although 5 star (big dissapointment, it is not what it looks like at all-rooms extremely small, poor service).

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advise on 4-5* Hotels in Athens

best five star of Athens www.grandebretagne.gr

bestfive star resort of Athens

www.lagonissiresort.gr

best boutique type 5 star www.heridanos.gr

best 5 star with modern design(grande bretagne is classic 5 star with 2oo years old luxury) www.hilton.com (athens hilton)

and www.intercontinetal.gr (athens intercontinetal)

at last king george II next to grande bretagne is also a fabulous five star www.grecotel.gr an chooce city hotels ...king george palace

and next to king george the great 4 star hotel njv athens plaza...you can find it in the same site www.grecotel.gr with a list of other great 4-5 stars hotels of grecotel group hotels located in the centre and at the beach coast

also other nice 5 star resort type hotels of Athens

www.astir.gr

www.themargi.gr

THESE ARE THE BEST OF THE BEST

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advise on 4-5* Hotels in Athens

sorry www.intercontinetal.com ...as for the king george...i will disagree with tellis..although the reviews are not the best(and i really can not undertand why)..this hotels have fabulous rooms and one of the best restaurants of europe....tudord hall

Belgium
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need advise on 4-5* Hotels in Athens

I also have to disagree with tellis on the King George. Maybe it has been some time since tellis last stayed there. Since the complete overall of the Hotel is truely can be called a luxury hotel in every sense.

All four and especially five star hotels in Athens will give you value for money. See: http://www.athensinfoguide.com/hotels.htm The major difference between them is their location and a lot depends on wheter you want a beach in front of your hotel or want to be in the centre of a magnificent historical city.

Athens
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need advise on 4-5* Hotels in Athens

Dear Martinburns it always depends on what you ar looking for. Is it location? Price? Review scores?

Here are some suggestions upon the criterias mentioned for 4-5 star Hotels.

For the area of Plaka:

4* Ava Hotel

4* Parthenon Hotel

5* Electra Palace

5* Grande Bretagne

Cheapest Price

4* Polis Grand

4* Jason Prime

5* Athens Acropol

5* Athens Grande

Guest Reviews

4* Ava Hotel

4* Magna Grecia

5* Grande Bretagne

5* Stratos Vassilikos

All data provided by all data found on the Internet and not only tripadvisor.

Hope I helped :)

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need advise on 4-5* Hotels in Athens

i'm sorry my friends but i stayed there last year after the renovation and also this year during november for a couple of days.

both times i was dissapointed.the price of the room i was paying (300 euros) did not reflect the comfort of the room (deluxe room type the first time, junior suite type the second time)i had.Consider that i am a priviledged card member of grecotel hotels and i suppose they gave me one of their best rooms.Although they didn't satisfy me.grande bretagne which has the same prices more or less is far more better.