We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian restaurants in Athens...

Gaffney, SC
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Vegetarian restaurants in Athens...

Hi,

My wife and I just got our final itinerary for our honeymoon to Greece. We will be there from Dec 11-26 and I need suggestions for vegetarian restaurants (or restaurants that have veggie options) to take my wife to. Nothing too fancy - we both prefer a casual atmosphere. Also, I want to take her to Lycabettus Hill to see a nice sunset. Is there a restaurant on the hill that you guys would recommend?

Thanks,

Morris

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Greece
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegetarian restaurants in Athens...

hi!I have never tried these places but they are in the athens guide under vegetarian restaurantts.EDEN on lysiou 12&mnisikleous in plaka and YGEIA-OIKOLOGIA on panepistimiou 37 with biological products.Good luck!They should be about 30 euro for both.The restaurant on the lycabettus hill is called orizontes and will cost about 100 euro.Many greek restaurants have dishes that have no meat.Like appetizers chips fried vegetables with tsatsiki or vegetable balls(greek word kolokythokeftedes)salads and for main course s you can order imam(mixture of vegetables cooked with tomato)tomatoes and peppers suffed with rice only and many more options.Good luck again!

Belgium
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegetarian restaurants in Athens...

There is MUCH more to see in Athens than Lycavittos Hill. You can find out what is interesting to see for both of you here: http://www.athensinfoguide.com/wts.htm and if you want a preview you'll find a photo gallery of Athens with over 400 photos here: http://www.athensinfoguide.com/gallery.htm

As said, almost all typical Greek restaurants in Athens have dishes on the menu that don't have meat or fish so you don't really have to visit a vegetarian restaurant to eat well.

Orizontes on Lycavittos Hills is pretty good but somewhat overpriced as you pay for the panorama and the sunset too.

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece