We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code for church and Megaro Mousikis (concerts).

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Munich
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Dress code for church and Megaro Mousikis (concerts).

I just read through some of the postings and have found some very useful information on different events. Could you please let me know if there is a particular dress code? for attending a concert at Megaro Mousikis i.e. jackets for gentlemen, etc? and also what is the dress code for visiting churches Thanks!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code for church and Megaro Mousikis (concerts).

well in churches you can where anything you want..but for sure avoid sexy clothes just to show some respect to the religion...it is logical to go there with casual dressing ,dressing for sightseeing and not clubbing-nightlife dressing so dont have any concern if you are in simple cloths..well for megaron mousikis you should find something speacila for the occasion..of corse im not talking for a valentino dress..in greece there isnt any special dressing code different from munich for example..dress in the way you would be dressed if you were visiting concert hall of your city...there is no need to have any cosmopolitan dressing but for sure you can not go there wearing your sports...furthermore helenachristy dont hav concerns with dressing in greece...there are no rules and people have they are own ways to dress but for sure the clothes of the work in office or for the nightlife or for the sports are logical different...

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code for church and Megaro Mousikis (concerts).

and sorry helen for my comment..but your name achristy has a bad meaning in greek; )means a person that can not do anything...and a traveller intresting in orthodox churhces and megaron mousikis of athens for sure can not be achristy

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code for church and Megaro Mousikis (concerts).

dont forget to mention to prefer programms at freinds of music hall -room....it is the best .....

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code for church and Megaro Mousikis (concerts).

Regarding visiting churches, the rule is to have shoulders and knees covered (i.e. the same as in catholic churches). For visiting Megaro Mousikis, a smart casual look is preferable, although not required.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress code for church and Megaro Mousikis (concerts).

cover shoulders and all these are not exist anymore...i have seen that only in rome of italy...we are talking for a big city not a isolated monastery in the woods

Athens - Greece
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress code for church and Megaro Mousikis (concerts).

I agree with Gas!

AtHeNaS....

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress code for church and Megaro Mousikis (concerts).

athenas what a lovely cat!!!many kisses to her; ))if she is female...i have also one cat ...called kasi; ))

Athens - Greece
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress code for church and Megaro Mousikis (concerts).

Thank you very much Gas.