We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athens Lotus Hotel

London, United...
2 posts
Athens Lotus Hotel

I am returning to Athens in late-October after a wonderful week spent there at the beginning of this month. We stayed at Athens Gate, which was perfect for sightseeing. But as we don't need to be so near the sites this time, we were looking for a 4* hotel a bit further out, but still close to the nightlife.

Athens Lotus seems like a good option, but there is only one review on this site.

Has anyone stayed at this hotel?

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
1. Re: Athens Lotus Hotel

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Do not, under any cirqumstances, stay in this area!!!

If you tell us your budget (in euros please) we can recommend hotels in nice, central areas.

2. Re: Athens Lotus Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:31 pm, August 31, 2009
Beaumont, Texas USA
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Athens Lotus Hotel

TH13 -- Please explain WHY, for heaven's sake, are you so strongly against someone staying in this area? I agree that it may not be a picture-postcard perfect location, but I doubt anyone will be attacked while walking there or anything like that. I do not always agree that tourists should be pigeon-holed into certain areas or certain hotels, especially if it's only to hide the less-than-perfect side of a city so many of us love, warts and all! And many travelers actually enjoy seeing REAL cities and REAL neighborhoods...

Shopaholic_ldn:

I have seen this hotel, but not stayed there, and it looked pretty nice to me. They were working on the remodel earlier this year. It's very near Metaxourgio square, and only a few meters away from the subway station. It has a private parking area, and I was checking it out for my niece, and that was one of her criteria on this hotel search. A couple of her friends stayed there in early August, and seemed to think it was fine. At least, no complaints were passed on to me. In fact, they commented that the A/C was so cold, they thought they were in the USA!

For additional reviews, check Booking.com:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gr/athens-lotus.en.html?aid=307415;tab=4

Enjoy your stay in Athens, whichever hotel you choose.

Happy Travels!

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
4. Re: Athens Lotus Hotel

Well, I'm sure that you know Athens much better and all the aspects of this neighbourhood, so I will ask the OP to ignore my advice and take yours.

London, United...
2 posts
5. Re: Athens Lotus Hotel

Thank you for the reples :-)

We did explore the city near Omonia sq whilst in Athens and although it was far from attractive we never felt unsafe. So I have taken a risk and made a booking with Athens Lotus. The price is very good and we will be away from the hotel for most of our trip so will only be walking to and from the metro. Plus I have already recieved a friendly reply from the hotel manager confirming my booking, which bodes well for the service.

I will report back on my return. Thank you again!

Guelph,Ontario...
1 post
6. Re: Athens Lotus Hotel

Please go to the Athens Lotus Hotel. I just came from Athens and stay there. The subway is just steps from the front door of the hotel and i did feel safe . But like every where you still have to lookout for yourself. The staff was very helpfull and the rooms where clean and up to date. The breakfast buffet was very well layed out. The yogert was great. It was all around a great experience. I recommend this hotel. And i will go back.

7. Re: Athens Lotus Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 25, 2010