We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monastiraki Flea Market - Sunday Only???

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
42 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Monastiraki Flea Market - Sunday Only???

Hope someone can straighten this out; I am seeing conflicting reports on whether the Monastiriki Flea Market is only open on Sundays (according to one guide book), or Fri/Sat/Sun (according to another). Can anyone tell me the real scoop? Also, will it be open on New Years Day, since that is a Sunday this year (1/1/2006)? Thanks in advance...

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monastiraki Flea Market - Sunday Only???

i think is opene very day exept sundays and for sure not at new years eve day....

Belgium
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Monastiraki Flea Market - Sunday Only???

You will find the Monastiraki flea market open every day till about noon. On Sunday morning there are more sellers than on weekdays. See: www.athensinfoguide.com/wtsmonastiraki.htm

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
107 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monastiraki Flea Market - Sunday Only???

in my experience, the flea market is open every day, that is, the stores/stalls. on sundays, you'll find people selling goods/antiques/chachkis, etc., laid out on the pavement on the surrounding sidestreets/alleys.

p.s. while you're there, be sure to stop and have souvlaki at thanassis. we think it's just about the best in athina!!!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monastiraki Flea Market - Sunday Only???

keep in mind also that in monastiraki flea market you can find amazing furniture and specific tables made from leather on the surface and expensive woods....you can find great deals but i think is the last place of this city where you can make a bazzar...but unfortunatelly i dont think the owners could speak good english....most of them are old people and a little bit bazzar experts; )