We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athens Port Taxi Question

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
242 posts
10 reviews
Athens Port Taxi Question

We arrive via cruise ship to Piraeus port and need a taxi with our luggage to a hotel in Athens. Are we better off pre-arranging a taxi or just catching one at the taxi stand? At the taxi stand, what should I expect the cost to be to the Plaka area? I've already gotten a couple of quotes for a pre-arranged ride and am curious if it's necessary as I'm not sure what time we will be disembarking. Thank you so much for your help!

Tammy

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
255 reviews
1. Re: Athens Port Taxi Question

the least expensive should be a PASSING driver from just outside the port - not one of the guys who wait on the port...

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: Athens Port Taxi Question

Hey and welcome Tammy:-) Yes, a 'passing' taxi as mentioned would certainly be more economical..say around 20E or so?! Bottom line, when cruise ships disembark at the piers there at Piraeus, it's pure havoc..since most of the other hundreds of pax are looking for same! Personal call here..but if you've got luggage you don't feel like totting them around, maybe the expense would be worth it?! Enjoy!

3. Re: Athens Port Taxi Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, December 03, 2009